Home Buying in Carson>Question Details

Gar, Real Estate Pro in Burbank, CA

I have a house in carson, california that is an REO and need a Lender to help me purchase this house.

Asked by Gar, Burbank, CA Tue Mar 30, 2010

Litton will not bulge off of $400,000 because of their broker and the broker's appraiser. The house does not even have a heater, I had the grounds releveled and lawns put in and the exterior of the house painted. Now they just want me to move out for cash for keys and they knew I could not afford $400,000, and in this era I surely could not. I guess, I am looking for an investor who can see the investment in this property and help me to stay in a home.

Answers

1
Gar,

I appreciate the sensitivity of your situation; however, I must emphasize from an investor position what they are usually looking for. An investor is usually looking for a scenario that will make capital sense for their involvement. At $400,000, in this marketplace, your particular property isn't advantageous for an investor to want to get involved. This is in fact the hardest part of being a Realtor, is being the sound voice of reason that has to bring bad news.

My very first short sale was conducted on my parents home, into which they poured countless man hours, and it was tough sledding. But my family has sense moved on to bigger & better things, only to realize that what they had paled in comparison to what they COULD have. The first step in every journey is always the hardest, but it is necessary to reach your final destination.