Home Buying in The Dalles>Question Details

Dan, Home Buyer in The Dalles, OR

I have a hard time determining good v. bad neighborhoods in The Dalles. I know the west side can be spotty, but other than that things are on a

Asked by Dan, The Dalles, OR Wed Nov 4, 2009

block-by-block basis. Can anyone recommend an area (or areas) which are better to live in in the sub $200k range (3 brd, 2bth, 1200 sqr ft). Thanks!

Answers

4
around sirosis park is nice,greg.
Everyone has there own idea of what constitutes a good neighboorhood. Take some time and drive around the Dalles to see what area feels right for your family. If your looking for the best deals check out my web site. Im here to help you.
Hi Dan,

Agents aren't allowed to directly talk about neightborhoods as "good" or "bad". This would violate laws called "Steering". In person, an agent can and does say things that "hint" at answering your question but you won't get a direct answer from them online. There are consumer sites, where you can chat with non-pros that have no such restrictions.

If you really are interested in crime stats, you'll need to look at online sources like city-data or go to the police.
Hi Dan,

Have you seen anything you like here in The Dalles?

There is a lot of opportunity to find a great home in a good neighborhood within your price range.

Do you have criterias that I can help narrow your search?

Hope to help.
Web Reference: http://www.windermere.com