Rich Hernand…, Real Estate Pro in Corona, CA

I have a customer that wants to buy a manufactured home from me in a 55 or older park.

Asked by Rich Hernandez, Corona, CA Wed Jul 11, 2012

She has cash. I suggested a condominium may be better for her. She wants to live in Corona. I can sell manufactured homes, and install them. But, she is a friend, and I want to see the best for her, and they are asking more for the used homes than what I can purchase and install them for, and I wouldn't put her in one of these old homes.
She is 77 years old and would need a first floor condominium.
Or if anyone knows of a manufactured lot for sale in one of the 55 years old parks. She would be interested.

Answers

3
Village Grove has a 55+ mobile home park off Border Ave. where you own the land. HOA is minimal, it has pool, spa, RV storage, lakes and streams. It isn't a new community, but it is very pleasant.It is also conveniently located near shopping and freeway. I believe that is the only senior park in Corona and the only one where you own the land other than Butterfield.

If you'd like a heads up when homes come on the market in there, send me an email address and I'll send you auto updates from the MLS.

Butterfield Ranch is a communty of manufactured homes near Trilogy and Tom's Farms, though it isn't a senior community. I believe their HOA dues are $83 a month and you own the land.

There are senior condos in Dos Lagos and senior homes in Trilogy, though those areas can be pricey when adding the initial cost and monthly dues. It depends on her financials.

There are also independent through assisted living apartments, though it doesn't make sense for her to piddle away her money on rent when she could own and hold on to it or get a reverse mortgage.
Web Reference: http://coronasbesthomes.com
knowbodyconst@aol.com is my email.
Flag Thu Jul 12, 2012
Thanks Elise, I drove through Village grove yesterday. Only found 2 homes for sale and no empty lots. One guy wanted $177,000.00 for his 30 year old mobile.
I can sell her a brand new one installed 3 bedroom 2 bath for $75,000.00., with me doing all permits etc. turnkey.
I live in Sycamore creek, and I mentioned Butterfield to her, and she said it was a family park, and she wanted 55 years and older.
I thought the Senior homes in Dos Logos had not been built yet.
I will go over there today and check them out.
I can't sell real estate, so I make no money, but will do that if it is the best for my customer. I am going to pursue getting her in a manufactured home a little longer first. She lives in a senior park in the Banning area now.
Flag Thu Jul 12, 2012
Hi Rich,
There is an area off Temescal Canyon Road across from Trilogy Golf Course.
It is Mobile homes on foundatons. Nice Park but no space rent. Association dues are I think about $150. They run from about $70K in rough condition to about $135K or so in great conditon.
I think this would be a great place for her!
I would be happy to help you out if you need it, jsut give me a call.
Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
714-337-8718
I will drive through that park today. I live about a mile from the park.
Flag Thu Jul 12, 2012
Hi Rich,

We have 1 - 3 bedroom condos and townhomes in Corona ranging from $80,000 to $390,000.
I am sure I could find her something nice. I agree a townhome or condo would be best since the rental space at the mobile parks is usually pricey whereas the HOA fees are usually more reasonable than mobile park space rent.

Let me know how many bedrooms, what her price range is and any other pertinent criteria and I will be happy to assist her.

Trudy Carter
941 415 9002
homes@trudycarter.com
Trying to find her the 55 year and older park first. But really believe that she will find what she wants in a condo. Her daughter lives on Mckinley in Corona. She is 77 years and husband is 83 years. So they will need a first floor condo.
I can not sell real estate. Just have dealership for manufactured homes and I am a general Contractor, so I only can profit if I sell her a manufactured home.
Flag Thu Jul 12, 2012