Home Buying in Canby>Question Details

Eskelsons, Other/Just Looking in Canby, OR

I have a credit score of 575 how will that affect me to purchase a manufactured home under 50,000.

Asked by Eskelsons, Canby, OR Sat Mar 5, 2011

Answers

4
Unless you are able to find a private lender - 575 wont allow you to get a bank loan of any kind that I have heard of. DON'T give up. There are private lenders out there that can help- check with your realtor to see who they know that might be able to help!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 6, 2011
Your credit score could be greatly improved within a few short months by following a prescribed course of action. I recommend talking to lender who can get you started on the path to better credit as soon as possible.
Credit scores neededon Manufactured Homes here are actually 700 or better with 20% down. In my area this is not considered to be Real Estate and treated like a Bank or Car Loan with only several banks that participate.
Your credit score needs to be much higher to purchase a home. The price of the property is not the issue, but the credit score is. There are 4 different typse of manufactured homes, and to find a lending institution to finance a used manufactured home is very difficult. The modular is the easiest of the manufactured homes, but not with a low credit score. Contact a local mortgage officer and he/she will assist you with guidance on how to improve your score. It may take a year, but you didn't get it down to that score overnight. Good luck. Martha Dodd-Slippy, GRI, ABR, SRES, SRS, SFR, NC and VA Associate Broker, Wilkie Real Estate, Inc. Cell: 434-604-4444.