Home Buying in Topeka>Question Details

Ashley Smith, Renter in Evansville, IN

I have a credit score of 551 can i get a home loan anywhere?

Asked by Ashley Smith, Evansville, IN Sun Aug 18, 2013

All that's on there is medical bills. I had a lender tell me that its i don't really have a credit score i never had a credit card. I am a single mom and im just ready to get a move on with my life and own my own home that my kids can grow up in. Any suggestions?

You can get a credit card from your bank with a very small limit. Buy something for say $50.00 then pay it back on time. Do this several times and your score will improve.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
Some FHA lenders will go as low as 580.
With a 551 you need to boost it up a little .
It will not take too long and it will benefit you in the long run with a reduce percentage poits (good rate).
Talk to a mortgage lender not a bank who can help you better your credit score.

good luck.
I am not aware of any lender who will except a credit score below a 600. Right now is a great time to contact a lender who can give you the correct information to help you repair your credit and get it to a higher level. If you would like a list of the lenders that can help you please let me know.