Nogzilla, Home Buyer in West Lafayette, IN

I have a credit score of 560, are there any lenders that will give me a mortgage?

Asked by Nogzilla, West Lafayette, IN Tue Apr 3, 2012

Answers

3
Is the 560 your mid-score or your lowest? That makes a difference ... And depending on your downpayment, yes it may be possible.
Hello, I may know of a lender who has a program for that. He is in downtown Lafayette. If you email me at kmiley@shook.com I will follow up with you and get you his information. I do not know the specifics of the rates, etc. but can assist you in determining if it is a good option also, if we talk to him about it. There may also be a few easy fixes to your credit that i could talk to you about also. Thank you, Kristy Miley Realtor at Coldwell Banker Shook
Web Reference: http://www.kristymiley.com
There are some "Private Money" Lenders out there, however they will most likely charge you a 30-45% down, and at a 10% interest rate. I say, save some money, work on your credit, and when you are above a 620 go for traditional financing.