Home Buying in Dubuque>Question Details

Jmac777, Home Buyer in Dubuque, IA

I have a credit score of 607. With our third child on the way my fiance and i would like to stop renting and buy a home. Is there anything i can do?

Asked by Jmac777, Dubuque, IA Thu Apr 14, 2011

Answers

5
Pat and Steve Pribisko’s answer
I suggest that you speak with a loan officer at 2 local banks. For the suggestion that one person recommended to check out a Land Contract or Rent To Own, you should consult with an attorney who handles residential real estate, to make sure the documents are prepared properly.
Hello there. Just wondering if you ever started pursuing home ownership and how that new baby is doing? If you need help with purchasing a home, please let me know.
Thanks.
I can do an FHA mortgage with a credit score as low as 600 in California, so I am sure you should be able to find the same in Iowa. Start by visiting your local Wells Fargo branch and see what they have to offer.
Web Reference: Http://TripointMortgage.Net
One great way to get into a home now is to enter into a Land Contract or Rent To Own with someone. These are great as they allow you to start on the path to home ownership while you get your credit score up into the range to qualify for the mortgage. If you need help getting pointed in the right direction, let me know.
You might want to consider doing a deal with creative financing. If you do decide to do that, then you'll want to learn some more about it, and you probably should consult with an attorney.

Please feel free to contact me for more info, or to bounce an idea or 2 off me.