Katelyn, Home Buyer in Orange Park, FL

I have a 740 credit score and $3,000 available for down payment, how much house can I afford?

Asked by Katelyn, Orange Park, FL Tue May 1, 2012

Congratulations on your credit score! There are lots of other costs involved aside from the purchase price of property. The other costs to finance the property will well-exceed a $3K down payment. Be cautious if you think purchasing a house right now is the best choice for you. Good luck to you!
i need to know how much down in a 90,000.home have 675score in las vegas nv.
Get with a lender, be sure to ask them for a preapproval letter as you will need it to make an offer. You may also ask them for an estimated expense sheet to be sure you are comfortable with the numbers and can compare lenders if you shop. Be sure to shop around in a few days not over weeks and months bad for your credit... If you need a Realtor call me at 904-955-4904 I would be happy to help. I have some lender numbers available when you call.
The answer to your question will also be dependant upon your debt to income ratio and how much you make as well. I would suggest contacting a lender which could be your bank or and other financial home lender. Ask them to help you figure it out. Depending on the location of the home you would like to buy you could qualify for a USDA loan which is a $0 down conventional loan. VA loans are also $0 down however you or a spouse (if you have one) would have needed to have served and be eligible for the VA loan.
Hi Katelyn,

It really depends on how much money you make on a monthly basis, and what part of town you are looking to move to. If you are ok with moving to an area that will allow USDA financing like Oakleaf Plantation, Middleburg and some other ares in Clay County you may qualify for 100% financing. Give me a call and we can talk more about it.

Thank you!