Home Buying in Chula Vista>Question Details

Jill Wheeler, Real Estate Pro in Del Mar, CA

I have a client from out of town looking to purchase a condo in the Chula Vista area. What are the most desirable areas to focus on? East of the 805

Asked by Jill Wheeler, Del Mar, CA Tue Feb 8, 2011

is what he has indicated but I want to be sure we're covering all the bases in the most safe and sound neighborhood with good value. 2 bed condo with a max of $200K. Any insight into specific pockets of Chula Vista to hone in on is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Answers

4
Hi Jill,
Most of the area East of 805 has a lot to offer, like; Chula Vista Golf Course, Olympic Center, Southwestern College, Otay Ranch Town Center Mall, Knott's Soak City, Cricket Amphitheater and all surronded by beatiful communities to choose from.

Best Regards
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 8, 2011
Jill,

San Miguel Ranch as well as Eastlake are desireable areas. The HOA's however tend to be pretty high, so check with your client's lender on the max HOA they can afford. You are on the right track with East of 805. I just helped a client who purchased in the Alicante complex of San Miguel Ranch. I don't recall if the 2 bedrooms are under 200K but worth checking out.

Kind Regards,

Marcie Sands, REALTOR
Simply The Best Real Estate Co., Inc
760-644-1562
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 8, 2011
Hi Jill -

Aurora - Riviera Del So is a great area and is fairly new - they were built in 2006, near Palm Ave. and 805. Shopping, new Kaiser Medical Facility, and schools are all nearby.

I have a 2 bed., 2 bath tri-level we just put on the market for $169,900. - MLS# 110002040.

Check it out - it's gorgeous!

Jacklun Lamkin Dougan
Realty Executives Dillon
Eastlake Sales Office
619-957-0609
DRE#01797149
http://www.JackieSellsSanDiego.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 8, 2011
Thank you all for you all of your valuable responses! You've all been great.

My best,

Jill