Home Buying in New York>Question Details

wendy, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY

I have a choice to select to buy 1 br in CPS with central park view or 2 br 2 bd in time square a glass new building which one is a better chioce?

Asked by wendy, New York, NY Sun Sep 22, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

13
Well, a shot in the dark here, but I am guessing you either are considering a place at the Orion in Time Square or a place at the Essex House or the Trump Tower on CPS.

There is a long slew of questions I'd need to ask you to allow you to naturally come to a conclusion of your own. But first thing to be clear on is - are you buying for investment purposes only with the intent to use it as a rental property and and investment, or a place you'd like to live in.

Feel free to call me at the office tomorrow - 917-848-6928, I'll be happy to walk you through some pros and cons. I happen to know the buildings well.

Warmly
Armen

http://www.luxdwellings.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
Wendy the buildings cant't be more different from each other. Give me a call tomorrow and am happy to walk you through all the aspects that I know about both and see which one matches you best.
Flag Sat Oct 5, 2013
How you know the building or Orion or Essex ? which one is the better selection?
Flag Sat Oct 5, 2013
Thank you so much you know the building very well What you think Essex House in central park view ?and Orion building in time square ?and location? it is hard to make decision
Flag Wed Sep 25, 2013
I buy the property for kid we think about 2 br 2 ba is a better space for family live in later we buy to rent for couple year later we will move in this is why we think which one is a better investment property
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
It's really all about personal preferences, where would you be happiest....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 23, 2013
Hi Wendy,
CPS with central park view is the best NYC has to offer. Even during the week sales in NYC bt. 2008 and 2011, prices on CPS, 5th Avenue and CPW with view of CP did not go down, but they continue to go up while rest of NYC and the country, prices went down.
If you need any assistance, feel free to contact me without any obligation. Richard Nymark at Bellmarc rnymark@cbbellmarc.com; 212-517-9101
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 23, 2013
Hi Wendy. For me personally and as a broker and all things being equal (the price for both units is similar), I would have to say, go with Central Park South if the view is there. There is hardly any other singular place (Empire State bldg) that just screams New York City than Central Park. It is a financial engine all it's own. It's at the foot of the Upper West side and Lincoln Center. The shopping experience of the Time-Warner Center at Columbus Circle and of course, Fifth Avenue with it's many shopes. Near many Subway lines like the A,C, R, N # 1 trains. Plenty of great restaurants and an easy taxi ride to the east side or Times square. Good luck with whatever you decide. Check the link below.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/real-estate/central-pa…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 23, 2013
The Central Park apartment is probably the better investment.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Please call me to discuss. My name is Priyta and I can be reached at 917-499-6500. Thank you and good luck.
Wendy, Thanks for clarifying things! They are both condos? A 2 bedroom condo is very desirable now and probably gives you the option to rent or share (or have guests as Paddington said.) How do they compare in maintenance and amenities? How do you feel in the different apartments and neighborhoods? If possible it’s a good idea to spend time in each neighborhood and apartment at different times of the day & night. Being near the park is definitely a plus. I hope we’ve helped you come to a great decision! Good luck!

Generally 2B/2bths have a greater(easier) resale value, something to consider if you're not going to hold on to the apartment for a long while...also it looks like you are writing from AL... people love to come and visit friends in NYC..so a 2B might be nice IF you like house guests and the 1B if you dont...I personally am a view person, thus if the view is outstanding, one that helps with resale and retaining value as well it is worth a lot for soothing your city weary self after a long day. Other things to consider..condo or coop? Square footage? Monthlies..either maintenance for a coop or common charges and taxes for a condo...price per sq foot /asking prices?

I hope this was helpful, feel free to call me should you have any further real estate question. 2122272252 paddington@townrealestate.com

Warmly, paddington
it is a condo not coop the SF is different 1 BR is only 500 SF in CPS with CPS view but 2 BR and 2 BA is 1000 SF it is hard to make decision for me
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
Central Park views are always a good value. Be careful with new buildings, inquire about how they were constructed. Many of them have great amenities, which you'll surely pay for, but don't sound proof between floors. I've heard many people complain about the quality and lack of craftsmanship in some new buildings.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Licensed Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Great points Chris!
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
Hi Wendy,

Having grown up in New York City, I would go for the 1 br in CPS with central park view.

Wendy even in Manhattan (or did we invent it?) the rule is Location, Location, Location! I personally would not want to live in the Times Square area and love the Upper West Side! Of course you may need or want 2bedrooms and 2 baths? Also you do not mention if either are condos or a coops.
Just wondering why are these your only choices for 1.5 million? (Also are you aware of the 1% mansion tax for properties over a million?) Please let me know if I can help you with your choice..
Jolie Muss
Licensed Real Estate Broker & Brokerage
"The Upper West Side's Buyer Broker"
331 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023
Office: 212 721-3301 Email: broker@joliemuss.com
Website: http://joliemuss.com Trulia: http://www.trulia.com/profile/joliemuss
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jojomuss LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/joliemuss
both are condo and i am aware of mansion tax and mortgage tax, etc
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
Hi Wendy- I'd go for the 1BR.. direct Central Park views are rare and special. 2BR/2BA glass condo in Times Square is beautiful I'm sure but there are many apts like that in Manhattan. If the rental market gets tough (you mentioned "investment"), you will be competing w many similar units w the Times Square condo. With the 1BR you will always be able to get a well qualified tenant with that great Central Park location & view!

Tiga McLoyd,
Citi Habitats
My budget is about 1.5 Million but I just relocated to New York I do not have ideal which one is the better investment? good location or new glass building