Home Buying in 45805>Question Details

Jillsy1965, Home Buyer in 45805

I had asked a question yesterday and got some responses on an upside down mortgage and coming close to closing and they didn't have $20,000 to

Asked by Jillsy1965, 45805 Sun May 2, 2010

close and at last minute they did> we do NOT want this home and now have found out that they have not taken care of debris on property that was suppose to be off property before closing as a contigency would that be in breach of the contract as well please help Chris and Jill Sarven

Help the community by answering this question:


Jillsy you need to talk to your agent about how to proceed on this one. On a normal transaction I know what I would recommend to my client, on a short I know what I would recommend to my clien and the 2 actions would not be the same.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 2, 2010
The problem you dont have a Realtor from what Im reading ?or you wouldnt be on here asking this ? You need to get a hold of one and have them help w/the proper forms needed,etc...good luck
Web Reference: http://tjrobertsrealtor.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 2, 2010
If the seller has not performed in accordance with the contract and you wish to back out, you may be able to--speak to your agent and or consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and see exactly what options you may have.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 2, 2010
We don't know if you had a Lawyer so our answer will be based on N.J and our experiences.
Often times when either a seller or buyer doesn't preform at time of closing there are several options.
One of course is to cancel the deal
2.Generally it's been our experience work not completed at time of closing, Buyer will get credit.
3.Closing is delayed until any repairs are complete
most of our clients have given credit for any thing left undone.

hope that helps
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference: http://www.urhomerealty.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 2, 2010
talk to your agent and tell them you want to cancel because the seller has not performed. If your agent can't help, go to their broker. In Florida, the 1st step is to sign a cancellation and release form which states who gets the deposit.
Good Luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 2, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Ohio > Allen County > Lima > 45805 > Home Buying in 45805 > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer