Home Buying in Airmont>Question Details

Hansram Ramr…, Home Buyer in Hartsdale, NY

I had a short sale in June of 2010 and I am trying to find out when I would be able to get mortgage again in NY or NJ? My Short sale was in FL.

Asked by Hansram Ramrup, Hartsdale, NY Thu Jan 17, 2013

Answers

9
You should meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailify and let you know. they key if if you have re-established your credit
Hello Hansram, Dealing with a similar situation now. As long as credit is fine and no other issues you can close anytime after a 3 year waiting period. Ready to receive emails or look at homes, email me at allan.erps@randrealty.com or call me at 845-304-3040 for the great service you deserve! Allan
Hello Hansram,

Generally speaking I have been told consumers cannot get a mortgage for three years after a short sale. The previous posters gave you good advice, contact a mortgage broker. The broker will be able to determine if you qualify for a mortgage yet, and if not what you can do in the interim to repair your credit so that you can get a mortgage in the future. Good Luck.

If you need Real Estate help in Rockland or Orange county or want a referral to an excellent mortgage Broker, please feel free to contact me. I would be delighted to help you.

Maureen McEnroe
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Prudential Joyce Realty
mmcenroe@prudentialjoyce.com
Hi Hansram, Consult a mortgage lender.
I would run my credit and try to find a lender. They can help you and give you advice.
We can handle the entire short sale process from start to finish.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
Work with a lender who can guide you. Good luck!
Hansram,

It does not matter where the short sale was; it ties up with your credit.

Call or email Brian Tom (btom@cliffcomortgage.com) or 516-448-2434. Brian can tell you exactly when you will be able to move forward with a new mortgage.

Best of luck and let me know if I can help you any further...I have agents in NY & NJ.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
631-425-6150
Most probably is a 3 year waiting period in New York area(FHA). If you are interested in any properties in Rockland County please get in touch and best of luck!! Allan
For a personalized answer regarding qualification visit with any licensed loan officer; generally it can take anywhere from two to seven years; much will depend on the circumstances that led to the short sale, current credit, income, debt, etc.