Kevin, Real Estate Pro in 66215

I had a seller's agent submit an incorrect counteroffer on a house i was negotiating on causing me to counter incorrectly. Is this legal?

Asked by Kevin, 66215 Thu Dec 16, 2010

The bank turned down my counteroffer and stated they did not accept FHA offers after my offer was rejected. The seller's agent was impossible to work with through this process, and happened to stall on my offers through the whole process trying to get other potential buyers in. It succeeded and I lost a dream home that I could have had if she submitted the correct offer from the bank on the home that I wanted to purchase. Do I have any rights on this?

Answers

5
Kevin- please give me a call- I can help you (I used to be a contractor as well)

Dan Thomson
913-207-6443
dthomson@remax.net
Kevin,
Did you have a designated buyers agent? I will wait to hear back from you before I elaborate.
Web Reference: http://kimandkelly.com
Kevin,

You may have rights, but you've got to look at this from the standpoint of is there enough evidence, and do you want to spend the time and money when it's hard to say whether it was the agent or the bank holding things up? It's a tough situation, but keep your head high and find the next one. So many people get really dragged down by these more than common scenarios, when another opportunity could be just a few days away.

I understand your frustration, but proving this type of thing is next to impossible. Like I said, just keep your head up and look for the next one so it doesn't get by. Good luck to you.
"The seller's agent was impossible to work with through this process, and happened to stall on my offers through the whole process trying to get other potential buyers in."

So, you were buying a short sale? made an offer.. and you are saying thte agent put in the wrong offer and the sellers agent purposely delayed your offers to have her on or others accepted?

I have to say, these things RARELY happen. I want to say NEVER happen, but never say never! Selling agents want offers.. they do not delay offers to get other offers in.. it just does not happen. There is no reason to do so.. in most cases for the little bit more that people bring in.. it is not worth the hassle.. I want offers and acceptance. period.

So, what really happened here? he bank denied the FHA offer.. o.k.. was there a better offer onthe tale? someone that had cash? The bank needs to take the best possible way for them to get paid. A lot of peole are trying to buy these properties with no money or very little down... and then want the moon in reppairs.. when they know the house is "as-is" so break it down, what happened here for real?
It sounds like it is a bank owned home so you are dealing with a seller that is the bank itself, these are tough sometimes because you are dealing with a company and not an emotional individual with his own money on the line. I don't understand the part about not accepting an FHA offer after your offer was rejected. Did you make an offer which was rejected and then make another offer with FHA financing? As far as the agent stalling to get more offers, welcome to the real estate market where an agent tries to get the most for their clients. Banks are notorious for stalling and delaying signing. It sounds like you made a series of low offers and someone else got the property while you were making low offers. It happens.