Taehyun, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

I had a question regarding the Garden State Park properties in Cherry Hill NJ.

Asked by Taehyun, Philadelphia, PA Thu Feb 14, 2013

Are they reliable? at a steep price of $40,000-50,000 I was wondering if it was worth a look. However, it does seem like they have taken years to get to phase II and a lot of time to sell off their current properties. I also noted multiple negative reviews all the way back in 2008, but nothing since. Thank you all in advance!

Answers

3
I am a Cherry Hill Mortgage Broker and have some experience with those properties.
I would suggest lots of leg work before I would consider buying.
But that is true of any condo.
If you would like me to work with you on this reach out.
856-761-0444 Diane Dailey at Grapevine Consulting Inc
Hi Taehyun, your reference to $40,000-50,000 confuses me as they are much more than this. My colleague Elisa's comments below are spot on. This is NOT the place for you if you think you may have to sell in a few years. If you are it for the long haul, then this could be a great place to live.

Regarding negative reviews, I have seen them for most builders online. What I would say is that you don't rely solely on online reviews. Visit the project, talk to neighbors, etc.

I am showing units there Saturday. Let me know if you have more specific questions. Where else are you considering?

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.979.5967
axelson@kurfiss.com
If you are talking about Park Place, the prices vary from mid $200's to high $300's. Adding on upgrades can bring the price way up. There is a mix of condos and townhomes. The project is not yet complete. They are building but you can see there is still undeveloped empty land. They are in a more city-like atmosphere, walkable to restauarnats and shopping if that is what you like.

Buying a new home...the appeal is that it is new. Plan on staying awhile, reselling before the place is complete, you would be competing with new homes. That is never a good thing. Time will tell how well these will sell in the future.

The new townhomes do seem to be selling well as many do love NEW!