Home Buying in Farmington>Question Details

Newhomebuyer, Home Buyer in Farmington, CT

I had a question about Farmington West Estates by Stephen Realty in Unionville. How are those houses? I know the interior is GREAT! but what do you

Asked by Newhomebuyer, Farmington, CT Tue Mar 9, 2010

say about the proximity of houses especially back to back?

Answers

5
Satified Owner’s answer
Farmington West Estates has about 45 homes delivered. Not all home sites are back to back. The lots may not be large but offer all included lawn cutting as well as the entire landscape requiring the owners to only water their lawns and shrubs. The driveways are also along with the stairs and front stoops included plowed and shoveled without the owners having to do any of this snow clearing. There is an entire new exterior look of color and other exterior treatments that you might find in homes in the mid $550,000.00 plus range not to mention superior size rooms and Kitchens in every home which are 4 Bed Room homes. There are only two, three Br homes in the entire Development. You can see from driving by the Development and through the Development what it will be. It offers easy access to I 84 any time of day. Put this together with a trail that leads from the property to a great spring through Fall Walking trail plus a pond stocked with Trout in the spring. It will be simple for the family that want a Superior School System, low property taxes, absolute Quality Construction with Emery Savings a major consideration to adore Farmington West Estates prices in the Mid $400,000.00 range.
Do your research before you spend your very hard-earned money on one of these houses. The houses are only HALF of the development... There are about 90 affordable-housing condos there as well. Everything is less than five years old, the houses are on a 1/8 acre lot, and are not overly built-up. Once the houses start to increase in density, they're going to be on top of one another. There are supposed to be something like 150 houses on this parcel of land, and that doesn't include the outlying areas that are all reserved for condos.
Your question is timely! I just closed 38 Snowberry for a client and they are very happy with their purchase. Please email/call if you would like additional details. Also, I have 4 Snowberry for sale if you would like to take a look.

Rob
Web Reference: http://www.CTRob.com
House proximity is a personal preference. Some buyers would rather have their homes close to one another, while others would prefer acres between themselves and their neighbor. I always tell my Clients that they have to love the home that they are buying, inside and out, or they have to be able to change something to make it something they love. If close neighbors aren't for you, then maybe a home with more land would better suit your needs. If you do like to keep close tabs on your neighbors, then its a good fit, and you don't have much lawn to mow!
I think it is a matter of what is important to you. If you are asking from a resale point of view, I believe these homes will hold their value and appreciate well due to the energy star features and beautiful construction. I think the proximity of the houses is the price you pay to have a new home in a great, convenient area where there is not a lot of land available.