Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Min Bae, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

I had a question. If there is a specific property that I am interested in, but it isn't for sale. How can I go about pursuing the purchase?

Asked by Min Bae, Las Vegas, NV Mon Sep 30, 2013

Answers

16
I would be happy to do the research on the property you are trying to make an offer on. There may be some important information we can find that may help. Many times there is public information in the records that will give you a little more information that will help you lay some of the ground work before you make an offer. From your question we would need to talk about the particulars. I am available to help in any way I can. I look forward to talking with you
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
702-234-7653
Fahrnyteam@yahoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 1, 2013
Typically everything is for sale at the right price- Are you looking at a foreclosure list?
We just need more info to assist you.
Please register at our website and we will send you a profile of the home you are interested in.
Sincerely
Paul May
Web Reference: http://www.mayteamlv.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
Hire a professional Realtor .
The knowledge and experience of your Realtor is a valuable asset, so make use of it. He/she will assist you.
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!
I would suggest contacting a experienced, local Realtor that can assist you with educated advice and valid market information that you could utilize for your offer. In addition, you can also set up a MLS home search with a Realtor that best suits your preferences. If it turns out the home you are interested is not for sale, you can be alerted when the right house comes along and purchase promptly.

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
Hi Min Bae

Contact me with the address and I will be glad to assist you

If I can be of further assistance and answer
Any of your other questions please contact me

Jimmy Balsano
Realty One Group
702-281-2225
Fax 1-866-371-8421
Email: jimbalsano@gmail.com
CERTIFIED FOORECLOSURE ALTERNATIVES CONSULTANT (CFAC)
REO-BPO CERTIFIED

I KNOW LAS VEGAS AND HAVE FOR OVER 40 YEARS
http://www.jimmybalsano.com
http://www.salestraq.com/las_vegas/newhomesearch/index.cfm?id=4780(New Homes
There are a few questions I would like to know?

are you moving in or is this an investment?
Is the home vacant as far as you can tell?
What is the reason for this specific home?

Thanks!

Search http://www.Las-Vegas-Real-Estate-Home.com

Phil Scheinman, ABR, GRI, E-PRO
Broker * Sales Agent * Realtor
Realty One
2831 St. Rose ParkwaySte. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89074
Direct: 702-580-9198
Fax: 702-405-7659
E-mail:smokey25@cox.net

http://www.philScheinman.com
Have you prequalified for a loan and know that you can afford the house you are interested in

David Cooper Investor in Las Vegas Real Estate Since 1994
http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
i can afford it.
Flag Mon Sep 30, 2013
Well, you must be pro-active. First,. you need to know what the property is worth. After researching that by means of comparables, etc., you then need to decide if it fits into your budget. If so, be prepared to knock on the door and tell them you are very interested in purchasing their home.

The key is price and you must be prepared. You must also have a prequalification letter with you to hand to them and you know you will want to do inspections.

If I were you, I would contact a realtor and do it the right way with a realtor doing the work for you so you will have no regrets in overlooking something that is important.

I would be happy to help you out. You can visit me on my website: http://www.beckysellslasvegas.com.

Good Luck!! Becky
Min, Let's keep things simple here...Please call me and I will make contact for you to see if it is for sale and how much. If it is, we will move forward protecting your interests. Kim or Matt 702.496.5515
Hi Min,

Is the home you are interested in owned by a bank, or is it a private party, what we now call a traditional seller? If it is owned by a bank, there is virtually no way to approach them unless it is a very small local bank. The larger banks are so bound up in red tape that no one can make a decision, and you usually just have to wait until the property is put on the market.

If the property is owned by a traditional seller, Larry and Myra both mentioned something that you really need to keep in mind: when you approach the seller of a home that is not for sale, be prepared to pay over market value. This is a person who had no intention of moving, and the only reason to do so would be to make a tidy profit that more than compensates for the inconvenience and expense.

That being said, if you really want the house, the faster you can tie up the deal, the better off you are likely to be. The longer the seller has to think about the inconvenience and the more he/she has time to calculate the actual expense of moving, the higher the price is going to become. Usually you can expect to pay anywhere from 10% or more above market purchasing a home this way.

Could you share the reason for purchasing this one particular home? Would another similar home in the same neighborhood work as well? I have had great success canvassing specific neighborhoods for buyers. The idea is to locate a seller who was thinking about selling anyway and purchase the home before it goes on the market. You are still likely to pay a bit above market, but not as much as targeting just one specific home.

If this is something you would like to discuss in more detail, please feel free to give me a call. If this is a larger neighborhood, you can check what has sold recently online at:

http://www.GreatLasVegasHomes.com/idx/

Choose the status "S" for "sold" from the drop down, then look under "developments" to see if this neighborhood is listed. If it is, you will be able to see all the sales from the past 12 months.

If this property is located in a neighborhood that is not listed, just send us email us the address and we can send you a free market analysis with as much detail as you know about the home's upgrades and condition.

Hope this helps!

Diann Tonnesen
Prudential Americana Group Realtors
sold@GreatLasVegasHomes.com
702-985-7654

The Tonnesen Team - with over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"

Best of luck!
Right now, there are plenty of homes for sale that need buyers. So, I don't see the appeal of a home that isn't on the market. Unless this home is spectacular or holds sentimental value to you as a former childhood home, I see no point in pursuing it. However, if you do want the home that desperately, a realtor can make contact with the homeowners and see if they will sell it to you. Bear in mind, that because they know somebody wants it and they are not ready to sell, the price may be higher than similar homes in the neighborhood.
I would suggest finding an experienced buyer broker in your area and speaking with them. I've attached a link below that will explain to you what you should be looking for in a Buyer Broker. Having helped oa few buyers like yourself over the years, here's what you should understand, when you approach a homeowner who isn't trying to sell your home, you have absolutely no leverage and you need to be prepared to pay their asking price. Remember you are coming to them and saying: "I want your home, how much?"
I recommend having a buyers agent
1. Have the agent find out who owns the property
2. Have the agent get a report if there are any derogatory liens, or bills against the property
3. Have the agent do a BPO price estimate. Brokers Professional Opinion on the value of the home.
4. Have your agent approach the owner of the property about a possible sale.
An agent can give your perspective about what would be a reasonable offer. Also, it is a good idea to negotiate what the agents fee would be. A quality agent will help you negotiate for a successful purchase. And, he or she will make sure your rights are protected. And, he or she will help you navigate the escrow process. Good luck.