gasparillabi…, Home Buyer in Greensboro, NC

I had a Home inspection after the contract was signed and found rot everywhere, am I still obligated to buy it?

Asked by gasparillabiggame, Greensboro, NC Sat Mar 16, 2013

The house was supposed to be turn key ready

Answers

9
gasp....

The answers you require are likely found within your purchase agreement. Any contract should have outlined conditions that illustrate the guidelines for inspections, repair & repair limits, and voiding an agreement.

This is a conversation you should be having with your personal real estate representative. They should be able to answer your specific questions and guide you through this situation.

Regardless of the type of agreement used, there should be terms within it that protect all parties from being trapped in an experience that they don't want to and shouldn't be in.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
Your agent is there to educate, assist & guide you through this. Utilize their services since you are paying for them. They wrote the contract, they know the details.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
-
-
All this trying to get out of a contract stuff....just work thru it and have the wood rot replaced

My Gosh, its not like the buyer discovered the house is on an active sinkhole!

Its wood rot, not nuclear waste!

--
If the contract was contingent on the home inspection you may get out of it.
wasn't your Realtor at the inspection? Were they given a copy of the inspection? Talk with your Realtor.
-
-
Almost every home has wood rot in FL. Work it out with the sellers, close and be happy you are able to buy at these low prices.

=
Also the home is in Charlotte County Fl, not NC
I am wondering before I break the news to my realitor. We were under the dates.
What does the contract specify regarding inspection timeframes? Were you within the inspection period dates?

Where is your agent in all of this?