Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Sal, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

I gave to my realtor a earn deposit to make an offer than my loan take more time than what the seller wants

Asked by Sal, Charlotte, NC Fri May 29, 2009

to wait and refuse to extend the contrac and just want cancel the contrac and keep my deposit any way I can get back my deposit

Help the community by answering this question:



I am sorry that the seller has not been understanding about the transaction. My recomendation is to first speak with your agent. If you are still unsure, please consult a real estate attorney for advise. There are several ways for a buyer to recieve their earnest money back and your agent should be able to answer them for you as they are laid out in the Offer to purchase and contract. You should have recieved a copy yourself. It can be confusing if your not used to reading them so go over it with your agent and hopefully you will find that you may be entilted to your earnest money.

Good luck!

Daniele Summerfield
Wilkinson & Associates
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 29, 2009

Since your loan is taking longer did you ask for an extension in writing? Have you removed your contingencies? If your contingencies are still in place you may be protected but if you have removed them you may want to check with a Realt Estate attorney and your Realtor.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 29, 2009
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer