Home Buying in Hawley>Question Details

Virgil Rakes, Home Buyer in Anderson, IN

I found a listing in Hawley,Tx and when I contacted the realtor I was told that the acreage size and the home size were wrong, there are less acres

Asked by Virgil Rakes, Anderson, IN Fri Jan 8, 2010

and the home is about half the size being advertised. How can realtors advertise wrongly just to make possible buyers look at their listing?

Answers

2
Deceiving advertising is prohibited by law--however, it could have been an honest mistake--did the agent explain how the error came about and is it now corrected. If you are looking to buy, don't forget to have a Realtor of your own to look for you and your best interest.

Anna
Well Virgil, that is a darn good question. Realtors are not supposed to do that, however mistakes can be made. Are you sure it was done on purpose, or could it have been a printing or clerical error and it just hasn't been corrected yet? I'm not sure where you saw the listing, so unable to give you a better answer. Hopefully it was just a mistake and it was not intentional. I know I personally would never do something like that and I can honestly say that the other Realtors that I've had personal contact with would not do that either.

Happy New Year!

Jackie