Home Buying in Oviedo>Question Details

Allison Pine…, Home Buyer in Oviedo, FL

I found a hud home and it is listed at 135,000 How much less could I offer for this house?

Asked by Allison Pinette, Oviedo, FL Tue Feb 5, 2013

1500 sq.ft. 3 bed 2 bath. carpets ruined need to be changed, no appliances, carpets need to be changed,numerous light fixtures to be put in.

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3105344650-1011-Black-Willow-…

Following up with the sale complete and public record...

Asking price $135,000
Actual sale price $139,050
Yes. That largely depends on comps (recent sales most similar to the home in question) and condition. It would take an hour or two do the proper research and give you the best answer.

My best advice is to "hire" a Realtor to go to work for you. By hire, I mean you would sign an exclusive buyer brokerage agreement and work with just that one Reatlor. That way the Realtor would know he or she would be paid (at closing) for the time invested helping and advising you. The listing agent splits the commission paid for by the property owner with the buyer agent.

We can help you with that. We have two full-time buyer specialits on our team. (http://jeanscottteam.com/about). But there are many other good Realtors who work in Oviedo as well. Call a few, see who you like.

Thomas Scott, Realtor®

Keller Williams Advantage Realty
The only HUD bids that my clients have successfully won, were not offered under the asking price. HUD prices their properties to sale and bidding less than the asking price is wasting you Realtor's time and yours.

If you find the right HUD home, 10 to 20 other bidders have found the right HUD home too.

Best of Luck.
Unfortunately, we are in a fast moving market with little inventory. You are going to be bidding against multiple offers and therefore may not be able to offer much less. Many savvy buyers/investors today are looking for properties to rehab and flip. They are offering cash and fast closings with no contingencies. Offering less could only mean that you will be making offers on a lot of properties and being disappointed that you did not get them. Best of luck, Tania Harmon, Keller Williams Advantage III Realty.
The better question is how much OVER as that is the new reality in that highly competitive price range. The don't last long, at at 32 days, HUD# 094-557278 is no longer accepting offers at hudhomestore.com.

Looking at the 3 blocks of that neighborhood, the sales were within $2000 of asking price and around $90/sq ft. Even a short sale in this neighborhood went to contract in 40 days, which is almost unheard of. This HUD home is priced at $88/sq ft. Unfortunately, the sale hasn't actually closed yet becoming public record so I can't tell you what the actual selling price was.
You can make any offer that you'd like. I'd suggest getting some written estimates for repairs that need to me made to send along with your offer to support a lower offer. I'll be happy to help any way I can.
I think it could be purchased for less, call or email me for a buyer's CMA.

Thanks, Care