Busterbrown, Home Buyer in Saint Paul, MN

I found a house that I want to buy. The sellers realitor does not want to take our offer to the seller. What do you do. I'm willing to pay full

Asked by Busterbrown, Saint Paul, MN Sat Sep 26, 2009

price

Answers

10
In many states, Real Estate Agents are required by Law to present any Reasonable Offer to the Seller, unless instructed otherwise in writing by that Seller. Failure to present Offers may be a violation of Fiduciary or Agency Relationship.

If the Realtor will not present the offer, take it directly to the Seller, based upon advice and counsel from your Real Estate Attorney.

See an Attorney for Legal Advice.

-------------------
Best wishes,
Fred Griffin
-------------------
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 26, 2009
ALL offers must be presented to a seller. It is not the agents decision whether to present. Maybe already accepted an offer and contingencies met? I would ask why and go from there. An agent will not just tell you they won't present your offer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 27, 2009
Busterbrown,

I agree with everyone else. There must be some reason why the agent does not want to present your offer. Maybe the seller will not agree to dual agency? Surprising because most times the seller will have a variable rate listing agreement in which it might be a win-win for both of you. Like someone had asked before; have you been pre-approved? Why type of financing are you looking at doing, FHA, DVA, Conventional? Is there enough earnest money? Is this a contract for deed?

The asking price is one piece of the offer, but maybe there are variables that are hindering it. If you have more questions please let me know.
What is the Reason that listing Agent does not want to present your offer?
Is it Cash or with Mortgage? Are you Pre Approved?
Do you have a real estate agent? Do not worry there are plenty of houses onthe market and withthe economy deteriorating you are certain to find many other houses for sale and maybe for even less than what you want to offer now. It is not going to get better anytime soon. People are going to be losing their jobs, and as a result will lose their houses, thus plenty of inventory on the market.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 26, 2009
Homesaleschino - if you scroll down, you will see I asked the same question........perhaps the agent doesn't want to act as a dual agent........this buyer needs clarification...........in any event, we all need clarification!
I found a house that I want to buy. The sellers realitor does not want to take our offer to the seller.

Hmmm sounds strange, the sellers agent does not want to sell the house. Did the agent tell you why?
Buster,

Regardless of the requirements placed on the realtor by the code of ethics, you should find another realtor who will write the offer for you. If you would like some help feel free to contact me via my profile. I would be happy to talk things through with you and write up any and all offers for you.

Cameron Piper
#1 Trulia Agent in MN
Web Reference: http://www.campiper.com
Buster
PS Just to make it clear to you - if the seller's agent brings in your offer, the agent is working as a "dual agent".....that might be the reason the agent doesn't want to represent you. Not all agents will work in that capacity, and it may not be allowed in your area. . If that's the case, then you will need to find a different agent who can represent you as a "buyer's agent". This should have been explained to you by the agent.
Ask for further clarification.

Hope this helps!
Buster hello!
There has to be more to the story, as it doesn't make any sense that an agent would refuse to present a full asking price offer to a seller.......Unless..................
1. Does the agent not want to be involved in dual agency? (ask the agent to explain this to you)
2. Has the agent suggested you find a buyer's agent to represent you?

3. What is the reason the agent has given for refusing to take your offer?
I'd be happy to comment further, but I'd need more of an explanation, so I can understand what is going on.

In NJ, we are required (legally) to present all written offers, and we are comfortable with dual agency. Perhaps this is not the case where you are.

If you are having an issue with this agent, you can always speak to the Manager/Broker for assistance, or to refer you to another agent.

Best wishes.....
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties.