Home Buying in Belding>Question Details

Millie Willi…, Home Buyer in Grand Rapids, MI

I found a foreclosure property but i cannot get the realitor to return my calls.What can I do?

Asked by Millie Williams, Grand Rapids, MI Wed Oct 13, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Millie,

There can be any number of reasons for this including the fact that there may all ready be an accepted offer on the property.

As mentioned earlier, it would serve to benefit you to have your own agent representing you....they will be able to do the leg work and protect your personal interests....and the best part is the bank pays for your agent's services.

Sadly, if you elect to use their representation, who's best interest do you think will be served.....and the money saved will go to the bank.......

Good luck,

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
Hi Millie, You can search for the owner's record on the tax cad for that county and if you in that MLS provider area you can call that agency. ei either the bank of outsource for the lender. Most likely, the outsource (REO) asset manager will intervene for you especially if no offer has been accepted. In addition if the MLS says "Seller is requesting Highest and Best" that implies you can submit an offer for the full or above full asking price. In today’s market foreclosures has been foreclosed wrongfully and the listing agent knowing about is buying time for the inevitable pulling the house off the market. Good Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
You can call any Realtor. It does not have to be the listing agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 14, 2012
Hi Millie,
Sorry this happend to you. I am new a Realtor in the Ionia area and would be happy to answer any questions if you still have them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 10, 2011
You need to have your own representation. Find a realtor in the Grand Rapids area who can assist you. Why not use one listed on Trulia, most are dedicated and work hard for their clients.

Best of luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.DesariJabbar.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
I agree with the others. find yourj own agent who will work for YOUR best interests. don't be afraid to sign a buyer's brokerage agreement.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
Find a professional agent who will be responsive to your needs and provide you with VIP service. Then sign a buyers broker agreement binding them to you and you to them. There should be little difficulty finding a good agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
Millie contact another agent and hire them as your buyers agent, they can get the info for you, show you the house and assist you through each step of the buying process.

Buying a foreclosure i different than buying a normal house, please see my blog with advice and tips for buying a bank owned home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
Hi Millie...

If it is the realtor who has the property listed that you cannot get in touch with, find an agent or broker in your area and tell them you want to know about the property and have them run it down for you. If it's your own agent you can't reach then by all means, do call their brokerage and find out what is going on there...

Stephanie Clancy
The Cascade Team
Simply Outrageous Service! Not Outrageous Commissions!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
Call another Realtor and have them be your buyers agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
Millie Williams,

Call the agent's Broker or have your agent call the Broker. That usually gets a quick response.

Good luck,

Brenda Feria
Real Living Eudailey Real Estate VA
Real LIving at the Beach SC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer