Home Buying in Crown Heights>Question Details

Lisamarie409, Home Buyer in

I found a few condos I like on-line. Should i get a Buyer's Agent to help me look & put in my offer?

Asked by Lisamarie409, Tue Jan 24, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Trevor Curran’s answer
First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Good luck!
Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 12, 2012
Ask what the default agency model is in CA and if they practice designated agency and if under CA law dual agency is allowed. A good agent should be able to describe agency law.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 26, 2013
Lisamarie409, This is a good question. Many buyers do not realize that the Listing Agent works for the Seller. Hence you might not get the property for the best price. Buyer's Agents work 100% for the buyer and will provide you with all the comparables to give you the True Comparables. Also they have an incentive, when they do a good job they will be assured that you will contact them for the Sale of your property. So with that said, get a buyer's agent whom you can trust.
Web Reference: http://www.endrebarath.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
Yes, get a Buyers Agent or ABR(Accredited Buyer Representative) but of course "see" the units forst and compare with that agent first before making any offers. The Agent will show you comparables to help guide you to a proper decision. Best of Luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
It would smart in your part to find a buyer agent, let him/her work on your behave.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 26, 2013
Hello, in this kind of real estate market you should highly consider an experienced real estate professional to assist you with your purchase. This way you can have a neutral party to put in the best offer for you, negotiate terms on any repairs or replacements on the home and to manage all the people that iwll get in involved on the deal to closing.

Protect yourself first when buying a home and select a qualified agent. If you need assistance feel free to call.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 3, 2012
Yes, this would be the best - also, these properties may not be available (Trulia and Zillow are behind in their data reporting - meaning the property could be closed or pending for months, but showing as active). You do need an experienced agent to guide you...

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Expert
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 3, 2012
Hi, You absolutely should. Also keep in mind the Listing agent for a property represents the sellers best interest, always. so anything you say to them can and will be used against you in a negotiation. there is nothing like having some one represent your needs and best interest.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
Lisa Marie- If you enter into a buyers agency contract, you have to pay your agent whatever % you agree to pay. If you want, I can facilitate you through the process, and the seller will pay my commission. My number is 917-682-5133 and can be reached at any time. Feel free to call me with any questions or concerns you might have. Sometimes listings online arent available, I have access to mls and can tell you the status on any property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
Lisamarie409 you have great answers here, you most definitely would want to hire a buyers agent that will look out for your best interest and guide you in the process. You have done the hardest work by locating the area where you want to be and the type of home you are interested in buying. Now get yourself a buyers agent that will work exclusively on your behave and assist you close your dream home.

Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.EcoHomesGA.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer