Home Buying in Westminster>Question Details

T, Home Buyer in Huntington Beach, CA

I found a Condo that I'm interested in, however there is an eviction notice posted in the front window. Should I be concerened? The condo is

Asked by T, Huntington Beach, CA Fri Aug 19, 2011

vacant.

Answers

7
Hi T,

Not necessarily....in fact if it's vacant, then it seems the problem was solved already. If you'd like me to check into it for you...shoot me an email with the address and I can see what the situation is?

K
Not uncommon in this environment. The owner could have evicted tenants or the bank may have foreclosed and evicted the previous owner. Call the listing agent and ask or have your agent look you the info. Any agent will have access to the info because it is a matter of public record.
Hi T,

Stop by my office with the address and I will look up the info for you. I am off main st HB 322.
I can find out the information you need to know, if you can shoot me an email directly with the property address.

--I can tell you what the home sold for last time it may have been on the market
-- Send you interior pictures from the last time it may have been on the market
-- Give you information on who owns it now (whether it is bank owned or owned by a private party)
-- If it's owned by a private party, I can let you know if it will be a distressed sale where we can get a great deal from the lien holders
-- If it is bank owned & see when it is scheduled to come on the market. I won't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers after mine, so just send me an email or give me a call.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
Hello T,

Louri is right. It has been done by the owner or the bank. Would need the property address to find out who is the owner.. Ingrid Ski Realtor
If the property is vacant it is likely that eviction process was complete. However, there may be unseen items left in the properties. For safety reason, be cautious when entering the property. Eviction notice sign on the window should not be the reason for not making a purchase offer. Consult your agent.
Hi T,

If the condo is bank/lender owned, they may have evicted the tenants or owners. If it is a standard sale, the owners/sellers may have evicted their tenants. What is the address?

Louri Groves
Prudential California Realty
714.767.8158