Home Buying in Greenwich>Question Details

Janice, Home Buyer in Greenwich, CT

I find a property on internet that has come to the market for 1 day. In the morning around 1000am, I called the listing broker; she told me that

Asked by Janice, Greenwich, CT Wed Oct 28, 2009

The property has been under contract. I said:” how come? It just comes to the market.”
She said,” Yes I submit an offer for my client 30 minutes ago", and then she said “if you like, you can send me an offer as a backup.”
I said,” no, it is not fair; I would like to see my offer goes to the desk of the owner.”
She said: "No. the property is under contract, my client gave the offer to the owner, and owner gave the counter offer, and this second offer is accepted by the owner”
By the conversation, I believe the counter offer is very possible at a price lower that the offering price, that the listing broker act as dual agent, and she prefer to sell the property to her own client
I called a local broker to represent me, and asked him to submit an offer higher than the listing price.
I have no confidence in the listing broker's quality. Any suggestion that I can protect my equal right in this transaction and make sure that my offer has been passed to the owner? Is there any legal

A listing agent must present all offers to their client.

However if the owner has already signed a contract he/she is bound to that and even if you offer more, there's nothing they can do.
Web Reference: http://www.homesbyminna.com