Donna B, Home Owner in Woodbridge, VA

I filed Chapter 7 because I was no longer able to afford my home. It was discharged in November 2011. How long does it stay in my name?

Asked by Donna B, Woodbridge, VA Thu Feb 14, 2013

BOA apparently sold the (discharged) loan to SLS, a company that is vigorously attempting to collect the debt. I mailed them a copy of the federal ruling, but they are still pestering me. I thought that was illegal. Now they want me to pay for homeowners insurance that has apparently expired. I already pay all utilities and HOA.

Answers

2
Definitely talk with your BK attorney.

This article may also help you, as it's about someone who filed BK and one of their creditors sold the debt to a collection agency who was attempting to try and collect the debt, in the end the creditor settled for 4 times the amount of the attorney's fees: http://www.bankruptcylawnetwork.com/violation-of-the-bankrup…

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195
shane@thebesthomeloans | 949-273-4161 direct
This is a question for a lawyer. It is outside of my scope as a Realtor. I wish you the best of luck and hope all works out well for you.