Home Buying in Southaven>Question Details

Mhill96, Other/Just Looking in Horn Lake, MS

I filed CH 7 and was discharged Jan of 2012. I have reestablished my credit 702 Equifax and have a down payment (26k). Can I qualify for a mortgage.?

Asked by Mhill96, Horn Lake, MS Tue Feb 5, 2013

Answers

6
Are you still looking for a house?
Yes, I'm wanting somewhere in the Desoto County
Flag Tue Dec 3, 2013
The best way to ensure you are getting correct information when it come to qualifying for a loan is to speak directly with a mortgage lender, I would be more than happy to connect you with a loan officer and more than happy to assist you in your home search. Please contact me for the loan office's contact info.
I have a home for sale in Southaven (just listed today) and have an assumable loan with a 4% interest rate. Would a less-than-2 year-discharge have any effect on that? You still have a couple of hoops to jumps through to qualify for an assumable loan, but I assume it is not quite as difficult.
sorry....jump through.....
Flag Mon Jul 1, 2013
Sorry the rule is two years from discharge. Although credit scores are important, good credit is what helps you to qualify for a mortgage. Make sure you have good rental history.

score
You may be able to get a none traditional loan with a local bank, I would be glad to assist you with that.
You would have to be discharged for two years even with your re-established credit and large down payment. I would be glad to help you start looking in the Fall. You could be in your new home by the beginning of 2014! Good luck!
I filed ch. 7 due to medical bills. I had a mortgage and sold it over five years and had an excellent payment history. Not only with my old mortgage but my auto loan and credit cards. I reaffirmed my auto and I didn't have a balance on my credit cards so the only thing that was listed under my Ch.7 was medical and car note. **I filed before the bills went to collection, thats why my score didn't drop too low. My lease is up and I'm paying month to month and I really want a home...will the mortgage co. take the reason I filed under consideration..I still have all the medical bills as proof and my credit report will show the only negative mark is my Ch. 7.
Flag Tue Oct 1, 2013