Will Durrett, Both Buyer and Seller in Belen, NM

I faxed proof of assetts sent the 22 pages of signed paper work to buy to my on-line agent & then a week later i found it was sold but not to me

Asked by Will Durrett, Belen, NM Sun Jul 31, 2011

??? MLS# 707882 48 Charin Lane, Belen, NM 87002. Agent Rex of Pargin Realty ERA Albuquerque, NM says he doens not know what happened but property was taken off the list. I went online on the 30th to find it was sold. I could not even get a certification on the septic system.
If my offer was first shouldn't the property be sold to me or at least i be contacted ?
Seller is Anita Thompson-Wages of FHLMC as it says on my pages of pre buying forms i sent to Rex at Pargin Reality who said he sent this to her/them the same day i faxed then to him. What is going on here ???? I have 3 monyhs & a trip from Florida to buy this land in N.M.& i am on disability. I have lots of cost involved. Will Durrett 850-932-6542

Answers

5
I'm sorry you're going through this,,,,I know Anita Thompson-Wages and she is a good agent. In reviewing the multiple listing it does state that agent should contact listing agent prior to writing an offer and that additional addendums are required. Don't know the details of how offer was made, earnest money, disclosures, etc . Your agent may want to call listing agent and ask about your offer and why it was cancelled....perhaps it will be coming back on the market? This is not a seller owned property These type properties are more difficult to sell and circumstances can happen without notice or explanations to the prospective buyers. It may not seem fair but it is what we realtors deal with in this new era of real estate. .
The listing now appears as cancelled in the MLS, it is not pending or sold.

The land was bank owned. In many cases bank owned properties receive multiple offers, and if your offer is too low you may not get any response. The order in which your offer was received makes no difference to the bank.

However, as I said previously, the listing is cancelled, not sold according to the MLS listing.
Will i dont know what an online agent is but is doesnt sound good, if you were relying in agent, you need a full time, full service buyers agent. If you only made an offer it doesnt matter if it was first, they look at all offers and base a decision on price, contingincies and closing date. Maybe you should contact the listing agent directly...
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
It sounds like you never had a signed Contract; TRUE?
You may have been First, but that means nothing to the Seller.
Your disability does not mean anything to the Seller either; they probably wouldn't even know about it.

Trying to buy Real Estate on-line must be very difficult.

My heart goes out to you.
Sounds like you need a better agent. Not sure what you mean by "on-line agent"? I would find someone you can meet with, in person, interview them, and find the right person for YOU. Your buyer's agent, should have been in touch with the listing agent to let them know he was bringing an offer. At that time, he could have asked if there were any other offers. Even if yours is "first" doesn't necessarily mean the seller will accept it. If two offers come in at once, they'll likely take the offer that is most likely to close, (not necessarily the higher offer). Good luck!