Home Buying in Lake Oswego>Question Details

Angie, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

I don't understand why the listing says sold and closed on July of 2007? Does this mean it is for resale?

Asked by Angie, Portland, OR Fri Dec 19, 2008

again?

It is too small for my family, and I am looking between 1.8M to 2.2M price range for Lake Oswego.

We are currently living in Portland and need a larger home, since my husband has relocated us to Oregon from SF.

Answers

4
Skoro International’s answer
Hello Angie - actually this home was listed in the MLS on June 20, 2007 at $1,600,000, had a sale pending on June 27, 2007 and subsequently closed the sale on July 18, 2007 for $1,583,000 so was not an office exclusive listing at that time. It's not currently in the MLS, however, and is listed on the Windermere site for $1,600,000. I'm guessing that since the seller is going to end up netting less than they paid by the time they pay fees to sell - they are running it as an office exclusive listing in the hopes of being able to pick up a buyer who's not working with a Realtor and maybe not have to pay the extra commission for that Realtor and save their seller some money in an effort to lose as little as possible.

According to the Windermere site - it's a large home, but only has 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths so sounds like it's too small for your needs. When you get back from Europe, I'd be happy to help you find something that does match what you're looking for.

Have a very safe trip!

Kelly Gebler
Real Estate Broker & Residential/Commercial Finance Specialist
Commonwealth Group & Sunset Mortgage Co.
Ph: 503-516-1637
Email: LetUsGuideYouHome@comcast.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 20, 2008
The house listing is the following:

http://www.trulia.com/property/1053504441-1125-Maple-St-Lake…

I am leaving for Europe on Monday for vacation with my family until the 4th of January. I will be calling to look for houses in Lake Oswego, OR in January. I have 4 children, so at least 5 bedrooms.
Angie...

I am not sure about the home you are asking about. Probably bad data; lots of it out there.

As you begin your home search remember this is a terrific time to buy. There are some real bargains out there especially if you know who to ask and have a top buyers agent. My team was #1 in Oregon out of thousands for Oregon's Top Rated Brokerage...Re/Max. That is all a result of our commitment to service.

Take a look here at the tool I have prepared for you for the Lake Oswego Market:

http://www.theknudsens.com/mapping/portland/area/lake_oswego…

-We have a lot of tools available and we are professional buyer brokers. You need a professional to negotiate. You can hire us at no cost to you to put our 40 years of combines experience to work for you and you can qualify for enough savings as a result to pay for a trip to eurpoe for example!

Also you might consider another location. I have what I think is the most spectacular home on the market listed on Cooper Mountain on one acre with view. It belongs to one of the top builders in the region and he spared no expense.

A steep discount is available on this for the right buyer.

have a look.

http://www.theknudsens.com/details/portland/8072971/

I am available anytime at 503-799-8383 on my cell.

Hope this helps and dont hesitate to call... no obligations whatsoever.

Happy Holidays!

Dirk Knudsen
Re\Max Hall of Fame
dirkknudsen@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.theknudsens.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 19, 2008
Hi Angie - what's the property address and I'll look it up for you. Be happy to help in your home search too.

Kelly Gebler
503-516-1637