Home Buying in Taunton>Question Details

Srstaton, Home Owner in Taunton, MA

I did a short sale on my house. The sale of the house covered all the loans. Can I get a loan to buy a mobile home. Or do I need a co signer.

Asked by Srstaton, Taunton, MA Wed Jul 11, 2012

Answers

1
Buying a mobile home is not necessarily the same as buying a home. There are factors to consider such as whether you are financing the land and the mobile home or just the mobile home itself. You need to determine this first. If the mobile home is part of a mobile home park, you can ask the management company what type of financing is typically used. Once you have this information, the next step is to call a bank. Typically, a short sale has a negative effect on your credit score and would make it difficult to obtain financing for another home right away. A mortgage broker or bank would be able to look at your financial particulars and answer this question more specifically to your circumstances. If you need a reputable person to contact, please let me know.

Jen