Katherine Wa…, Real Estate Pro in Winchester, MA

I'd love to hear from other Realtors: what are today's Homebuyers biggest concerns about the current market?

Asked by Katherine Waters-Clark, Winchester, MA Wed May 18, 2011

Answers

7
gabriel palotas’ answer
Katherine,

Their concern is could they afford to hold unto it? Buying is tempting but selling it is no picnic. When money is tight and confidence is harder to find people are looking for excuses why NOT to buy . Unfortunately there is a lot of bad news that is circulating and it sure helps those that don't listen. There is a risk in all investments. Real Estate is relatively risk free if you have the money to buy it with and wise enough to avoid the debt that in most cases creates the problem that generates the fear and turns men into sheep. Think like a wolf, hunt like a wolf, survive like a wolf. If you still have concerns you better watch out for little red riding hood she comes packing with her own deal maker. Uncle Gabe.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 6, 2011
Hi Katherine,
My buyer clients have expressed a concern that prices will drop lower and that they won't be getting the best deal out there.
They have concerns about lending guidelines becoming more strict and more and higher fees due to obtain a loan.
Also, my state government has passed a seller conveyance tax increase that goes into effect July 1st. A buyer conveyance tax is being proposed as well. It hasn't passed the house senate as of yet but it does create a grave concern amongst buyers if it does.
Thanks for the post!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 18, 2011
I would say our cleints are looking for a good value and are concerned about making a good investment. They want to insure that the pieces to the home buying puzzle fit.
Web Reference: http://dwell360.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 31, 2011
Katherine:

The bigger issues in my mind are with the sellers not being willing to accept that the 2004 market is not coming back. Buyers get the market, but many of the seller and the brokers are not keeping up with the market. Best
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 31, 2011
First concern is do they have the credit rating needed to get the rate and amount they want.
Will buying this home now mean we will still see a lose in value for several more years.
Are there any assistance programs out there!
Has been too soon since a short sale or a foreclosure to buy a new home.
Do I put as much cash as I can and less in Financing!
Can I sell my home in any reasonable amount of time so I can buy this home I found and like!
Is it the wrong time to sell and down size!
These seven items seem to be the most common items I have to answer all the time! How about the rest of you guys! As for the market, Yippee! it is moving a bit these days and I see more buyers looking and buying!
Declining values of properties after the offer is accepted!
They don't seem to have any, Katherine; they're looking to buy with low prices and low interest rates!