Ninon, Home Buyer in 53211

I'd like to purcharse a rent to own home, who can assist me, can any realtor?

Asked by Ninon, 53211 Sun Sep 26, 2010

Answers

4
Here's a link to a blog I wrote on how to find a rent-to-own home: http://www.trulia.com/blog/don_tepper/2010/03/how_you_can_fi…

It's true that Realtors can assist you, but you have to work with one who really knows and understands lease-options and rent-to-own homes. Some do. Many don't.

There are also ways to find them without using a Realtor.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 26, 2010
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Yes, any local agent can help you with a lease option--and when the time comes, you may also wish to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and have all related documentation reviewed.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 26, 2010
Ninon,

Your best route to securing a "lease option" property is to do so through a local real estate professional. Although these transactions are growing greatly in popularity most sellers are interested in selling without attachments to their property. Lease option arrangements place sellers in somewhat of a "landlord" situation and assume some risk associated with these arrangements.

Because of this risk, the seller/leaser will often be looking for a fairly large deposit as insurance against possible damage and default by the leasee.

Local agents should be able to provide you with some lease option possibilities.

Best wishes,

Yes, call a local Realtor to assist you, If you have a friend or family member, who has used a Realtor in their home purchase, ask them for the Realtor's name. Having an agent referred to you, will insure that you will feel confident with the service that you are given. They will be able to assist you with the process, from financing to searching for the right home to suit your needs, right to closing:)

If you need a good name, please feel free to contact me. I know many Realtors across the country. I will be happy to find a good Realtor to assist you.