Home Buying in Oklahoma City>Question Details

Deb, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

I'd like to pay cash for a home in Oklahoma City, Will the home need an inspection if I'm not not financing?

Asked by Deb, Sacramento, CA Mon Nov 18, 2013

Answers

5
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS GET AN INSPECTION! This is one of the most important things you can do in buying your home. I always recommend it, even if your purchasing a brand new home. Even though it's not required by the lender it could save you BIG in the long run. Wanda Riley 405-620-3226
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 20, 2013
Good morning Sis,

Home inspections are NOT required by Lenders, but strongly recommended to help a Buyer avoid future, unforeseen, and potentially costly repairs. That having been said, if you're paying cash I would recommend you get a home inspection as well. Unless you are an experienced construction contractor you definitely should protect your cash investment with a home inspection.

Trevor Curran
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 19, 2013
If paying cash you do not have to have a home inspection but as a realtor I always recommend that you get a home inspection and also a termite inspection. You never know what underlying problems a property can have. I would be happy to assist you in your purchase. You can contact me at 405-209-8243.

Karen Barton
Metro First Realty
405-209-8243
http://www.KarenBartonHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 19, 2013
All purchasers should get an inspection, but this is not a requirement.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
The home does not have to have an inspection but is highly recommended when buying a new or used home. Pictures and home descriptions do not tell the whole story.

Good luck and Happy Holidays.