Lyra, Home Seller in 12078

I''d like more info about Pecks Lake. I'm concerned about the run down condition of nearby areas. Is there much crime Why are so many?

Asked by Lyra, 12078 Mon Jul 11, 2011

houses for sale?

Answers

6
Peck Lake is a beautiful area and a quiet pristine lake. Most homes in the area retain the value. If you are looking for a realtor who knows the area well, please give me a call. I am a 16 year agent and would be happy to help you find your dream home. My cell is 518-332-3279 Carol Paciolla
Virginia Mackey Real Estate Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
Make sure you go in with your eyes wide open on property taxes. I was forced to sell my home on Pecks Lake due to skyrocketing taxes with no end in site.
There`s that old saying "Buyer BEWARE" Sorry I live in the Adirondacks, I do like it but, It is a depressed area & U do have to travel for work, the area is growing some, & they are looking to JACK up the taxes. The Adirondack park has a lot of rules & regulations also tons of bugs especially the famous Black Flies, which they have to put chemicals in the water or crop dust for, otherwise they will pick you up & carry you away. The people are natives/locals, so outsiders beware.
Its not a Norman Rockwell kinda place so If you can over look the people.
I can fill you in a little bit..have a couple of Peck lake homes for sale and have sold several on the Lake. Peck lake is a very quiet lake. No Jet skis, 40 horsepower limit on motors, the lake is stocked and geared around fishing and quiet lake living. The Peck Family pre-planned the lakeside community. Beautiful residential homes dot the shorelines and there are off lake homes most with deeded access at shared boat launches. The only business on the Lake is the Peck Family campground, marina and snack shop. Both the North and South Shore Roads are dead ends so there is no thru traffic. As for run down condition of the area... as a local Realtor it is alway disappointing when people don't take care of their property but please don't confuse poor housekeeping with crime.. You should call the Fulton County Sheriff's Dept.or the NYS Police for crime statistics. While Peck Lake has a Gloversville Address it is about 8 miles from the city. The Leader Herald is the local newspaper. As a local I don't feel we have high crime.imho... There are always alot of Lake homes for Sale in the Summer! Drive around any lake in the Adirondacks this time of year and it does seem like every other house is for sale, Some people are moving or selling because they don't use enough to justify the lakefront taxes.. ADK Realty 518 725 2357 I live and work here. Happy to help you!
Lyra if yiou wer elooking ad an ad for a specific home in this area, go bvack and click on the profile of the listing agent, you can email them diect. As for crime i agree to check with the local police department for crime stats. As for the make up of the neighborhood, nothing beats oparking and walking down the street talking to teh neighbors and asking.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
If you are concerned about crime, your best source of accurate and up to the minute information is the local police department, why not call/visit, ask all your questions and hear all there is to hear firsthand; if unfamiliar with the area, do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, etc.; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods...