Home Buying in Dubuque>Question Details

Angelique Iu…, Home Buyer in Yonkers, NY

I currently live in NY, looking to buy a home and move back to Dubuque. Realtor recommendations?

Asked by Angelique Iuzzolino, Yonkers, NY Mon Apr 4, 2011

I would like to start talking to a Realtor with experience with out-of-state home buyers. We are also first-time home buyers, so we would need some extra guidance with the process. Also, what kind of fees are associated with using a Realtor to help you BUY a home? I know Realtors for sellers get commission based on the home's sale price, not sure how it works for buyers. Any help would be appreciated!

Answers

5
Angelique, did you ever make your move back to Dubuque? Just wondering how that went and if you had a good experience if you did.
My home in Dubuque is for sale. 16303 Middle Road, 2800 square feet, on two acres...we raised our three girls in this house. New roof, seamless gutters, hot water heater, and well pressure tank. Move in Condition. Contact Bob Wren @ Brissey Realty....../t
if you are looking to buy a home you cant contact me at 9173704312. i work for a real estate company you can come into my office which is located in queens please call
I've helped a handful of people over the years who have moved back to Dubuque, or moved out of state from Dubuque. There really is no charge to you to BUY a home. All commission is paid by the seller. You'll want to look for someone who has been in the business many years, has lived in Dubuque a long time to know what areas best match up with what you're looking for, and someone who will work hard and negotiate the best deal possible when you've found that right home. If I can assist in any way, please let me know. I would be very excited to help you in your home buying experience.
Consider contacting a few local agents, or many as needed, from different realty companies and interview them over the telephone or in person if at all possible--you can also check for area agents under the find a pro tab, up top--as for the commission, the seller negotiates the commission with his/her agent, if two agents are involved in the transaction the commission is shared; if you have a separate agreement with your agent to pay above what the seller is already offering, then you would be responsible for the difference.