Kee, Home Buyer in Marietta, GA

I currently live and work in Virginia and my husband works in Georgia and lives part time in Georgia and part and Virginia.

Asked by Kee, Marietta, GA Sat Apr 6, 2013

Would we qualify for an FHA loan? I am worried about if they would not consider a house being brought in Virginia as his primary residence since he lives part time in each state.

Answers

4
Good afternoon Kee,

I am referring you to a loan officer at Presidential Mortgage Group in Colonial Heights, VA. Her name is Lee Boisseau (804) 217-4930, lee.boisseau@presidential.com. Give her a call or email her and she will be happy to answer any of your financing questions. Please call or email me if you have any real estate questions. If you would like to see the 5530 Koufax Drive property, I would be happy to show it to you. If you would like to see any property in the Central Virginia area, I will be happy to show it to you. Have a great evening.

Sharon Nichols, REALTOR
(804) 307-7781
sellingva@yahoo.com
If you owned your home in GA outright then there should not be a problem however it you don't own the house then it would depend on the financing type of that home, how much of the time he lives in the home here, where he receives his mail etc. In other words there are a lot of questions that would need to be answered before a determination but bottom line is MAYBE.
I would recommend you calling Wayne Latimore with C&F mortgage. His cell is 804-402-4089.

I would get in touch with a lender and see what they say.

You could call a local mortgage broker or talk with the lending department at your bank.