Home Buying in Allentown>Question Details

Simon, Both Buyer and Seller in New York

I came across a house that is abandoned and vacant. Where do I go from here?

Asked by Simon, New York Sat Jan 12, 2013

The paper said it's been vacant since Oct 2012. I found out the owner filed for bankruptcy and who is the lender. There isn't any special lock and nothing that states the Assigned Agent.

Answers

5
Hi Simon,

With these types of property, working through the legal process can consume a large amount of time. The fact that the records indicate the owner's 2012 bankruptcy and it isn't listed with a real estate agency, are good indications that the lender is in the middle of the process of identifying issues atrtached to the property.

In situations of this nature, it is likely best to find a local real estate agent and put them to work monitoring the property, having them notify you as soon as it is listed "for sale."

Good Morning Simon - the property must be listed for sale before you can mostly likely do anything. It is most likely that the home is a foreclosure and if that is the case you will want to get associated with a real estate agent who specializes in foreclosures as some agents will streer you away from them telling you that you can not get a loan on them - I would have the ability to help you watch the property by setting up a search on the Lehigh Valley MLS by property address - because I am a real estate agent I have direct access to this system - so soon as the listing agent enters the property as a listing both you and I get an email within mins. All other consumer interment sites will then get the info update in there own time.
Hi Simon,

I would be happy to look up the parcel for you and see if I can find anymore information on it for you. Email me the info and I will see what I can find out.

Cliff
Hello Simon, A licensed local real estate agent should be able to lookup the address and find the status of the property.
What are you trying to do? Buy, sell?