Home Buying in Guttenberg>Question Details

Charles, Home Buyer in Guttenberg, NJ

I bought my condo in June 2009 but I didn't deduct the points I paid to buy it in my 2009 tax return. Can I still deduct it from my tax retun?

Asked by Charles, Guttenberg, NJ Fri Feb 3, 2012

I didn't know that I could have deducted the points I paid to purchase my condo. This is in Guttenberg, NJ.

Help the community by answering this question:


Check with an accountant. I'm not an accountant, so this isn't accounting advice. However, you may be advised to submit an amended 2009 return.

Hope that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 3, 2012
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Hi Charles

Check with an accountant.

You should be able to go back and get the deduction.

Call me I can Help.

Let Coldwell Banker bring you Home..

Jose Martinez
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 7, 2013

Your best bet is to speak with an accountant or tax advisor. I think you would have to amend your 2009 taxes but I'm not sure nor do I know the procedures of getting that done. You can try searching your question on a tax website like Turbo Tax. They usually have pretty good information and responses to similar tax related questions on their website.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 3, 2012
Charles, good answer below, but you really need to contact a reputable/qualified accountant to know your options.

Best of luck,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 3, 2012
You would have to revise you 2009 returns. I do not blieve it can be applied this year
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 3, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer