Belkys, Home Buyer in 33145

I bought a house back in 1992, I lost it thru a divorce 3 years later. Do i qualify for a first time buyer?

Asked by Belkys, 33145 Tue Nov 23, 2010

I'm a single mom with 2 childrens and I'm paying off my credit cards and car loan with the 2010 income tax return

Answers

9
Hi Belkys,

Is the house you "lost in a divorce" still in your name? Has it been out of your name for at least 3 years?

If it hasn't been at least 3 years since the house was transferred out of your name, you may not be considered a first time homebuyer in Florida. Contact one of the realtors below that has a contact for a knowledgeable lender in the Miami area.

Alma
Good Morning Belkis,

Whether you qualify for a first time homebuyer loan or not, your best option is to contact a loan officer with one of many banks and he/she can advise you of the different programs that are available to all buyers. Here in Miami Dade county, you may be able to have access to some programs for first time homebuyers, or buyers in a particular income range. If you do not have the contact numbers for a loan officer, I would be happy to provide you with the names of several loan officers that I have worked with that can provide you with answers and guidance on all of your home financing needs.

Good luck with your search.

Lila Lopez
Belkys - If you have not owned a home in the last 3 years you do qualify as a first-time home buyer. Keep in mind that there are also other programs out there that you may benefit from. Should you need any assistance with your home search I do work in your area.

Best of luck!
Belkys:
Any person who has not owned a primary residence for the last 3 years qualify as a first time home buyer.
Congratulations on qualifying!

If you want to learn a little more about the first time buyer rules follow this link to my blog:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/antonio_vega-pacheco/
I believe you might! I would need more details however, the program ended at the end of June! It may or may not be reserected again! Glenn Firestone Coral Gables 305-793-3312
HI
If you are trying to obtain county or city down payment assistance contact your local "center for affordable housing". The can provide you the first time home buyer qualifications. You can also contact a loan officer in your area, they should be able to provide information regarding qualifying as a first time buyer...Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
Ainsley Daux
Home Run Real Estate inc
(813(546-1954
Yes you qualify but the first time buyer credit ended on June 30,2010
No - you have bought a home in the past - so you are a SECOND time homebuyer.

Some states may give you First Time Homebuyer status - and you may be eligible for some benefits. In Maryland - you are a first time buyer if you have never purchased a home in Maryland. As a first time buyer the State waives the State transfer tax to the purchaser.

Check with your lender.

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
Serving Maryland, D.C. and Northern Virginia
703-216-9100
You should contact a local and trusted mortgage broker in your area. They can look at your income, credit and financials and let you know what programs you may quailiofy for. No one can be 100% sure without seeing yoru financials and may be just guessing. So go right to the source (a loan officer) and they will be able to give you real answers that apply to your situation.

please see my blog for tips and advice on getting a mortgage in todays market