Claire Morris…, Home Buyer in Martinez, CA

I asked a question re: pix on Trulia but it was deemed offensive, so was taken down. One supportive realtor responded and now I cannot find her.

Asked by Claire Morris Dobie, Martinez, CA Fri Apr 19, 2013

Some time in January or Feb, 2013 I complained about the poor quality of some of the photos that were on he Trulia site. Most of the realtors who responded were really offended, saying they did the best they could with a smart phone camera and couldn't afford pro photographers. Because of the way I worded the question, TRULIA took the post down from the site because it was not Trulia's fault. One female realtor, however, was very supportive of my suggestion for quality pix and I have lost her contact information. By her profile pix, she was fairly young, blonde and a very good writer and agreed with me that quality photos were very important. My area of inquiry was in the Contra Costa area of the SF East Bay--Martinez, Hercules, Pinole, Pleasant Hill. If this sounds like you are the person I corresponded with, please re-contact me. Thank you so much. Claire Dobie
clairefernanda@gmail.com

Answers

3
You might be able to locate her in the "Find a Pro" section. There's a tab at the upper right hand corner of the page.

I agree with you, too, about quality pictures. Frankly, no agent should be using a smart phone to take listing pictures. Period. And most agents don't know enough about photography to be taking pictures in any case.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 19, 2013
Thanks, Don. And to all who responded. And please pass along this tip from a critical consumer--before you take a pix of the bathroom, put the darned toilet seat down please! Seat up is the ultimate turnoff. LOL!
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
It wasn't me, Claire but I have to say that I agree with you whole-heartedly. A home is a major item in anybody's life and it deserves to be marketed professionally. Personally I take my own photos and videos but I spend a lot more time doing it than many so-called professionals and I have spent thousands of dollars over the years to equip myself with the necessary photo and video tools.

Bernard Gibbons
J Rockcliff Realtors
Web Reference: http://www.sbgibbons.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 19, 2013
Sorry it took me so long to thank you for your response Bernard. Glad to see that you care. I see more fuzzy photos than I can…oh,oh, better shut up before I get in more trouble with Trulia. LOL!
Flag Tue Jan 7, 2014
was it me? I'm more of a brunette ;-) But I also agree with you 100% in fact, I have a running Friday Funk post on my facebook business page, highlighting the really bad photos that we see every day on the MLS. As professional realtors, it is part of our job to make the property look as good as we can, using photography. Check out a recent Friday Funk post here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=493581354024178&…

Happy Friday! Michelle