Home Buying in Silver Spring>Question Details

Homesick, Home Buyer in 20910

I asked a question on if a cond0 was va approved. Some agents said yes and some said no. Do anyone know 100% what the answer is. Thanks!

Asked by Homesick, 20910 Sun Feb 10, 2013

Answers

9
Get your lender to answer your quesiton. Call me and I would be happy to supply you the contact information on several.
Thyere are many ways to determine if a condo is VA approved. You should work with your lender to help get that information. Many factors play into approval. Some of the information may be obtained from the Condo management company (you may have to fill out a form when making a request). Some management companies require payment for completing the form. Your lender will be able to help because their financing depends on the condo being VA or FHA approved. One factor that plays into the approval is the condo fee delinquency rate of the owners. If the delinquency rate is above a certain level, the approval may have been revoked. Working with a good agent and a good lender team will help alleviate some of the stress of buying a condo. Feel free to call me if you need further help at 240-426-4812 or email juanita@juanitaperryhomes.com.
Lenders are best able to answer your question with surety. Suggest you check with yours. If you need a good one please contact me at 301-807-6549 or email at Bonnie.aubin@longandfoster.com. I'd be happy to refer you to a professional loan officer.
VA's site:

The VIP portal will be unavailable from 2:00 pm CST on Feb 09 until 10:30 am CST Feb 10 for scheduled maintenance
To get the answer we need VA's portal to be back up and running. It is not but will be later today. If you are wanting to write an offer you can instruct your agent to make it contingent on that information. If you don't have an agent yet-well start interviewing some of the agents who are active on this board!Hope this helps.
Susan
There is a VA website which can be accessed to check. Of course it only works M-F. Send me the name of the complex and I can look it up in the morning.
Hi Homesick. send me an email and I will send you the actual listing that the listing agent wrote. miekeba@heymannrealty.com
Greetings,
There is no 100% blanket answer to this question. All approvals are case by case for the condo community. It further is not unusual to have one address within a condo community approved and another not. This is due to phaseing when the property was developed.
If you provide me the address, I will gladly contact my #1 go to lender who will review his list to determine if the particular condo you have an interest in is in fact approved.
Call a couple local lenders and speak to a loan officer. You should have done this already, it is step #1 to buying a home. Ask the loan officer if the condo is approved or not, if they do VA loans they will know. You should also contact USAA since they do more VA loans than anyone else and ask them too.