Home Buying in Carson City>Question Details

Kathy, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

I am wondering why there are not more houses with pools in the area.

Asked by Kathy, Fremont, CA Sun Jul 31, 2011

Answers

3
Kimberly Maxwell’s answer
pools require alot care due to the frezzing weather from october throught may. If one goes throught the price point of a pool they usually get a spa also, In our area we also get at least 25 up to 75mph winds dust rain snow any mixture there off. So It is costly to begin with. Costly to live with because of care. That not counting the cost to keep it warm and clean and open and close it with a auto. opener. It is the only thing heavy enough to stay on and keep the heat on..

I am Kimberly I taught swim lesson in privat pools in the area for many years. So I got a close up look at some of the private pools in the area. Most of the pools ended up covered some how during the winter months. Either with a Bubble temp cover. Or the built a cover year round for it.
Having a pool can be a personal liability issue. For that reason, very few rental homes are allowed to have a pool. And Carson City is really only warm enough to utilize a pool for about 3 1/2 months per year. Better to get a spa or enjoy our Aquatic Center with it's Olympic-sized indoor pool - Carson City is lucky to have it!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012
I believe it's mainly because of the weather, we only have a few months during the summer to enjoy having a pool.
It's still 80 there now! I'd swim Apr. thru Oct.
Flag Wed Oct 17, 2012