Lu, Home Buyer in 27612

I am very interested in theproperty on Brushwood Ct., Raleigh, 27612. My realtor says that it is not on the MLS listing and may not be on the market.

Asked by Lu, 27612 Wed Dec 28, 2011

Please advise if this property is still available at the $85,000 price. Thank you for a speedy response.

Nila Maceda Kucharski’s answer
Your agent is almost always correct. If you find this property in a website for pre foreclosed properies, the dollar amount listed is probably the amount that is in default - like maybe the equity line/loan or the balance of the 1st/2nd mortgage. I checked the MLS and there is nothing in Brushwood for this price. You may want to go back to your agent and ask for active listings in the MLS in your price range.
I agree with Mike, trust your agent! That is why you have taken the time to find someone knowledgable and expererienced to help you. Chances are it is one of those homes that are not even in foreclosure yet and may never be foreclosed on. It could have a Notice of Deficiency placed on it and then the owner caught up. You could also ask your agent to keep an eye out for that specific home incase it does become available. I often set up Specific Property searches for my clients and I am sure your agent would too if you asked. This would allow you could have peice of mind that if it ever came on the market you would know right away.
You may have found the property on a website that has foreclosurers or presales. These sites bait you with properties without the address to get you to sign up for all the info. Typically, the information is not accurate. If you have the exact address, Check the title and ask the owner. If you don't have an exact address, its probably a scam. Jimmy Conder 919.896.7131
Web Reference: http://www.conderrealty.com
Although it may not be on the MLS, it could be available for sale at an auction. Email me the address so that I can check further. $85,000 is super low and could be just the opening bid.
what Mike said. There is a house for $265,000 that recently went under contract. But, in the available history of the Triangle MLS, there's never been a home at $85,000 on that street.
Trust your real estate agent!

That is why you hired them!