Home Buying in Thousand Oaks>Question Details

Diana S., Home Buyer in Moorpark, CA

I am very interested in a home in Greenview in Thousand Oaks. The listing says it has CC&Rs and I get they include some type of pet restrictions.

Asked by Diana S., Moorpark, CA Sun Dec 16, 2012

It is part of the Sunset Hills HOA however their website says specifically that they do not enforce the CC&Rs. So my 2 questions are: are there pet restrictions of some kind and would my husband be able to put up an amateur radio antenna which meets TO's codes? If the HOA doesn't do enforcement, I assume only your neighbors could undertake legal action to do so. Thanks.

Answers

3
Hi Diana, I have a listing in Greenview. The HOA is voluntary, and is focused on community versus rules. And so as you had indicated, you'd simply need to comply with city codes.
I'm not seeking tax or legal advice. I was hoping to find someone to answer the question who either lives there or has sold a house there. Forget the question about enforcement. I think I know the answer to that.
Unfortunately, real estate agents cannot give tax or legal advice. Your best approach would be to begin with the City of TO and the County of Ventura to determine if there are any current restrictions in affect regarding the amateur radio antenna installation, permits, etc. From there, you should obtain a copy of the HOA Rules for both pet and exterior apparatus (there may be a processing fee) from the HOA Mgmt Company. Call (805) 532-1293 or Sunset Hills HOA website, sunsethillshoa.net I hope this is helpful info.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
I'm not asking for tax or legal advice. We have already checked the City of TO's regulations. I'm hoping someone who lives there or has sold a house there can give me general information. Forget the question on who will enforce the CC&Rs if the HOA doesn't - as a paralegal I think I already know the answer to that question. Thanks.
Flag Sun Dec 16, 2012