Home Buying in Emerald Hills>Question Details

Mominneed, Other/Just Looking in Hollywood, FL

I am very happy with the broker I am using to find a home in Hollywood, Fl. But I am not sure if she has all

Asked by Mominneed, Hollywood, FL Fri Aug 7, 2009

available listings. Do all brokers have the same listings or are there brokers with exclusive listings?

Answers

5
If they have access to the regional MLS yes. There are other systems used out there. Ask her what else she is using.
If you are very happy with your broker then by all means stay with her. There might be some credentials, benefits and features that you are not telling her about or she might not be asking the right questions as to your specific needs but if you are still with her because she is professional with you then let her know that communication means a lot to you or whatever the case may be. I also agree with Catherine, Realtors have the same access to the properties available in the MLS however there are some Realtors that have what we call 'pocket listings', listings that are not in the MLS but that agents have knowledge of. Good luck to you.

Diana Perez
Majestic Properties
2132 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, FL 33020
954-925-2333
we all use the same mlx listings, so for the most part, we have the same info. However, when brokers have personal contacts or are experts in a particular market, they might know of something that's coming up in the future or something that's not on the market, but the owner can be nudged...each deal is different.

what kind of house are you looking for? what price range? I'm selling my house...I'm a realtor/mtg broker/prop. mgr...

Catherine Kim Owens P.A.
954-536-0648
cjkowens@aol.com
As long as they belong to the local MLS, they have acces to all homes on the market. Agents e-mail properties from the mls and only the ones that are available. I always get a client that found the diamond in the rough that I didn't show them, only to find that it was in escrow.
ALL websites online get their information from the same MLS, the ones that rhyme with willow as well as the one that has our professional names.
Any site gives you the entire MLS, but why waste your time looking and planning to buy a home that is in escrow.
In summary I tell my clients to look anywhere they want, and later compare on the link to the mls that I provide them with and check the status. One they realize that 3rd party sites give you the properties you can and cant buy, they usually remove the doubt of if they are getting all the homes available.

I will however get very suspicious if you only see their company listing, odds are that you will see listings of all companies, not just one.

In the height of the market, about 3-4 years ago, I would have said that there were some brokers that held off in listing properties, so that they could offer the property as an "exclusive" to their listing office. The thinking behind this was to give that office's agents priority for a limited period of time. However, in those days, there was such a scarcity of listings and prices were going up daily, so they could guarantee that the property would be sold within a week or 2 weeks max.

Those days are long gone, and in this current economic climate I would say that there are no exclusive listings. It is each listing agent's goal to get the property sold in as quick a time as possible, thus posting the listing on the MLS quickly, in order to give the listing maximum exposure to other agents.

Any licensed Realtor who is a member of the Board of Realtors will have access to the MLS (multiple listing system) and as such, we all see the same properties. If you have a Realtor that you're happy with, then I recommend that you stick with them.

I think a common error with buyers looking on the Internet as sites like Trulia, Realtor.com etc. is that the buyer thinks they find homes that their Realtor hasn't sent them. The reason for this is that your Realtor will only send you properties that are currently available. Trulia et al are not updated in anything like the timeframe that a Realtor's MLS database is updated. We see listings in real time and don't wait for "batch feeds" like the Internet sites are reliant upon.

Of course, if a listing agent hasn't bothered to update a listing, then we're all at their mercy but the moment a listing Realtor makes a change to information, photos or status, then we see it immediately on our MLS.

I hope this helps and wish you good luck with your Hollywood property search!

Angela
Villa G Realty, Inc.
Tel: 954-816-7996
Web Reference: http://www.villagrealty.com