silvanop, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

I am trying to understand your estimated payments. My figures are always 30% lower than yours.

Asked by silvanop, San Diego, CA Sun Dec 4, 2011

E.g. for the condo at Caminito Campana they are 1757/mo. For the house in questionI estimated : Mortgage = $1000, PT=278, HOinsurance= 50. Total= $1328. You estimate $1757. I do not see HOA fees or Mello Roos for the property in question.
What does your EST payment amount also include that I did not ? Thanks
Julie

Answers

5
Shawn Ryan Rosa’s answer
rely on your own estimates. use an online mortgage calculator to figure out monthly principal and interest. add to that monthly home insurance, monthly taxes, and montly mortgage insurance (if applicable). simple as that
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Hi Silvano,

If it's a condo, you will have HOA fees. I can look them up for you. Remember when looking at listings, the info you see is only as good as the person entering the information. If the agent didn't know the HOA fees, maybe you'll see a condo listing with no HOA fee. Mello Roos needs to be looked up, which can be done as quickly as the HOA fee.

Also, how are you figuring the $1000 mortgage payment? I use a formula for all my buyers, based on their loan type. That way, they know what the approximate monthly payments would be before we even see a property. I can help you if you want, just email me directly.

Warm Regards,
Cory
The property has monthly fees totaling $311 monthly. It is a short sale and currently pending.

If you would like me to help you with your home search please call me or send me an email. I have access to properties as soon as they are listed which gives you a better chance of getting what you're looking for.

Julie
858.354.6199
Julie@willisallen.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 4, 2011
FIRST ANSWER
I am assuming you are using the automated estimator on Trulia to determine. The difference could be from many different variables. The estimator may be assuming different facts than you are. The important factors are price, down payment, credit scores, qualifying income, type of loan being sought etc. $50.00 is extraordinarily low for a condo homeowner fee. They are usually $200.00 + and often significantly higher. Tax rates will vary as well. Mortgage insurance for purchases with less than 20% down are common. Accuracy on an automated system will always be questionable if all the correct data is not in place

Jim Fishinger
760-518-3994
www,jimfishinger.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 4, 2011
Hi Julie ...

I assume that your question is about 12122 Caminito Campana, which has an accepted offer as of November 14th, subject to short sale approval by the lender. Per the MLS, Homeowner fees are $280/month and "Other Fees" are $31/month.

If you'd like further information on this property or any other, I'd be happy to send you the listings directly from the MLS, which show all associated fees to a property and always gives you up-to-date status information.

Kind regards,

Kaye

Kaye L. Hopkins, Realtor DRE# 01397372
 Accredited Home-Staging Specialist [AHS]
 Certified Negotiation Expert [CNE]
Prudential CA Realty
2365 Northside Drive, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92108

858-220-3110 [cellular]
 email: KHopkins@prusd.com
Web Reference: http://klhrealestate.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 4, 2011