Home Buying in Garden City>Question Details

Anneli, Home Buyer in West Hempstead, NY

I am trying to take a look at 256 New Hyde Park Road, Garden City property. It states that it is a short sale. I have tried to contact the real

Asked by Anneli, West Hempstead, NY Wed Feb 20, 2013

estate representative but nobody is getting back to me. Is there a way I can view this property and learn more about how to purchase it?

Answers

8
Usually, if the agent isn't phoning you back it is because he/she already has an accepted offer, or the house is under contract. However, that is not an excuse for not phoning you back and letting you know the status. I would start with phoning the office and asking if the home is still available. If it is, then I suggest you use a buyer's agent to schedule the appointment and show you the home as the listing agent is representing the interests of the seller and has already demonstrated a lack of professionalism by not returning your call.
Good afternoon Anneli,

I've been helping First Time Buyers for 23 years as a mortgage professional and I will tell you what I have always told my clients here in New York: If you are a First Time Buyer, steer clear of foreclosures and short sales.

Foreclosures are someone else's headache. The home probably has not been well-maintained and you're a First Time Buyer adjusting to paying a mortgage. Do you really want to walk in the door to someone else's deferred maintenance that YOU will have to pay for? Also, if you're thinking there are deals to be had in terms of lower prices, mostly those "deals" go to professional investors who can pay cash, negotiate hard with a Lender, and close fast.

For Short Sales, my attitude of late is that First Time Buyers should steer clear. Short Sales tend to be a better deal for the homeowner than for the Buyer. You'll wait MONTHS for the homeowner's Lender to approve the short sale; maybe as long as Six or Seven Months. Meanwhile, you're stuck in a contract to buy that home. I closed a short sale recently with a Buyer who, after seven months said this at the closing table, "I don't even want this house anymore."

And he didn't even get the "deal" on price he thought he was getting! The house appraised for only slightly more than he paid for it at the short sale price. He walked into this deal thinking he was buying a home for $100,000 less than it's value. In the end that wasn't the case.

There are plenty of motivated Sellers with their homes listed on your local MLS. Go find a good Local Mortgage Banker, get prequalified, then find a great, experienced Realtor, and buy the home you want at the price you're willing to pay.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
I suggest you call the broker's office and ask to see the property.
You should get a satisfactory answer.
Hendrtika Nash
516-307-9406 office
Good Afternoon Anneli
This home is listed with or office my apologies someone should have gotten back you, there is an accepted offer on this home.

Robert Kuefner
Mobile: (516) 376-3181
E-mail: robertk@thedonnellygroup.com
Hello Anneli. I am sorry no one is returning your phone calls and/or inquiries. You may want to contact the broker directly, if it is not the Listing Agent. If you still do not get an answer, you can always work with an Agent of your choice who can handle this for you, as well as work in your best interest and help you throughout the entire home buying process.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson , LSA
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
(631)384-3695
http://cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
http://devontesellsny.wordpress.com/
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
Anneli, Iwould be happy to help you. Please give me a call.
Thank you.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
If you need assistance feel free to contact me directly, will gladly help. Not sure why the your calls are going unanswered, however not all agents are created alike. When looking to purchase, it's also a good idea to work with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information, schedule showings, etc. If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Hi Anneli, I'd be happy to schedule a viewing. E-mail me your contact iinformation and when you'd like to see it. Are you familiar with short sales and how they work? If not I'll be more than happy to give you a brief explanantion, as dhort sales aren't for everyone.
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
#1 Listing & Selling Brokerage in NY
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803