Home Buying in Portland>Question Details

Dlafontaine13, Home Buyer in Jonesport, ME

I am trying to locate property in ME that fits at least 2 acres on lakefront lot or home up to 400K

Asked by Dlafontaine13, Jonesport, ME Fri Sep 30, 2011

How do I do a search for the entire state? We what lakefront with 2 plus acres lot or home. location is not as important as lot size and lake front and price up to $400K

Answers

11
Here at Day's Real Estate we consider ourselves as "the waterfront specialist". We have a few places that fit your criteria. Please contact me at your convenience to chat.
I have a lakefront cottage on 15 acres in Unity (home of the Common Ground Fair and Unity College) available for $275,000.
Please visit http://www.unitycottage.com for more information or email me at annc.regroup@gmail.com

It is a unique property, with that much acreage, and over 450 feet of frontage on a lake that boasts great bass fishing, sailing, and wildlife abounding.
Dlafontaine12, I have a few properties on the water with 2 acres in that range. If you are still looking the area I do business in is surrounded by properties on the water. I cover the Ellsworth area and North. We are located in the heart of the "Vacationland". If you are still looking for such a property then please give me a call. Best of Luck!
If you are considering York Count for lakefront please feel free to call me 207-363-2414 x101
I know of a property in our area that fits your criteria. Please feel free to contact me if you would like details. It is a lovely cape style home with lovely frontage that includes a beach area.
You can locate a water front home on your own through online listing sites like this one, but a real estate professional has access hundreds of other offerings through the MLS, Realtor.com, and some real estate professionals work with a particular brand, like Century 21, and have access to hundreds of other listings. I have bought and sold on my own, but I would recommend working with a real estate professional.
Web Reference: http://www.c21baribeau.com
There is a public portal for the statewide search or one of the sixteen counties or tighter circle than that. Any one part of the Maine MLS can offer the public portal. The price you are budgeting for waterfront will go much further as you head away from the coast, to the interior and northern sections of the state. Why? The further off the path you get from major population centers, the lower the prices drop to which means get a deal, bargain. And less people around that waterfront in Maine.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 18, 2011
Not sure if you have had much luck getting a search set up on the public sites. Agents have a lot more flexibility in what they can search for than the public. I have a search set up that is all lakes or ponds (since the names are interchanged in Maine) with at least 2 acres of land and 100 foot of waterfront. I can further specify number of bedrooms, shared vs. owned waterfront, and a variety of other keywords that aren't available to the general public. if you want to send me an email, i will send you the search results and you can go through them to see if anything interests you. If you want me to narrow it down further, just send me an email and let me know.
I would try http://www.Realtor.com for all listings in any state. You can specify your criteria. Of course, contacting a local expert is always the most time-efficient way to get information on a particular area. Could be a tall order to find quality lake frontage with 2+ acres for under $400K, but it can be done. Link to some possibles below. Any questions, call 207 721-4796 the Murphy Team.
Copy and paste this URL to access a couple of possibilities. http://mreis.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=96161…
Web Reference: http://www.MEhomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011
check this website out... then contact someone like Charlene to narrow your search!
I actually focus on this type of property, helping people who don't know exactly where they want to be, but know they want a particular type of home.. I have lived and worked all over the state and can help guide you to the location that will suit you best. There are lots of lakes, but not all areas/lakes will have the attributes you might want. If you want to send me an email with your contact information, I would be happy to give you a call to discuss what might work best for you.
Charlene