Using Trulia in 46217>Question Details

Crystal Myers, Home Owner in Indianapolis, IN

I am trying to list a property for sale but when I click on the option it goes to my profile page. Can anyone help?

Asked by Crystal Myers, Indianapolis, IN Thu Apr 4, 2013

Answers

7
Hi Crystal,
I did respond to this question that you posted under general area but thought that I would paste my answer here as well.
Trulia does not accept for-sale-by-owner listings so that is probably the problem with your inputting your home on the site. You would need to be working with a real estate agent and be listed on the MLS in order for your property to be seen as "for sale" on this site. Trulia states that this is a means for them to cut down on "scammers" on the site.

However; you can post your home for sale on zillow.com or craigslist.com for free.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hello Crystal!

Kristan from Trulia here. Trulia is a search engine for residential real estate listings that are indexed from agent/broker web pages. Our service is free, and there is no charge to have listings posted on Trulia. At this time we do not add For Sale By Owner listings. We are aware that many individuals who have FSBO listings would like to have their listings featured on Trulia.

Thank you for taking the time to inquire about submitting your listing. We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for your real estate needs.
I want to add something to my last post-in my opinion, I feel the aforementioned posts are correct. I Don't want to appear to giving legal advice.
All of the aforementioned posts are correct. I will add that if and when you list with a real estate professional, it makes your property available to virtually everyone. Exposure is the name of the game when selling a property. Please contact a qualified agent in your area. Best wishes.
Crystal - I believe that Trulia only allows listings from real estate professionals. Is this a For Sale by Owner ? Under your login, due you have a listing icon button ? In order to get it listed on this site and to market the property, please contact a Real Estate professional in your area. Ask them their opinions about the property and marketing.
See Laura's answer below. She is correct, Trulia does not accept For Sale By Owner listings. You should list with an Indianapolis area Realtor.

Peter Knight
RE/MAX Ability Plus
peter.knight@remax.net
(317) 529-4178
If you want your home to show on Trulia you will need to list it with a licensed real estate professional. As Laura told you Trulia doesn't allow for sale by owner properties to be listed on the site.