Home Buying in Brighton>Question Details

kz620, Home Buyer in Brighton, MA

I am trying to find out before I make an offer on a condo if a parking space was ever assigned or deeded to said condo. This is a six flat building an

Asked by kz620, Brighton, MA Mon Mar 4, 2013

Answers

3
This question appeared in Chicago as well. Where are you buying?! Per your other 2 questions, you were asking about a specific building in Chicago. If no parking space was offered for sale with this garden unit, then it doesn't have one. Period. You might be able to buy a space from another owner once you've purchased the condo, but that's a chance you'd have to take. Someone who buys a unit in an existing building that doesn't have a parking space that runs with it isn't owed it by the association or other owners. I think you need representation to investigate this building further before making an offer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
The condo docs should be public record at recorded at the Registry of Deeds. If it isn't specified in either the Unit Deed or the Master Deed, then it isn't deeded.

You can always make your offer contingent on assigned parking and therefore require the answer as a part of the acceptance of the offer. I'd imaging your buyer agent should have been able to tell you this.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Are you also thinking about making an offer without visiting the property?
Okay; when you were there, did you talk to any of the residents?
Did they tell you about living there? Any horror stories?
How about your Buyer's Agent?